What is good about overend?

i have lived on here for a while and have always found it great people on here are friendly and now there is all this problem with yobs it as to be sorted so what can we do sensible answers please

Hi minnime. I wonder if it's worth you sending fox20thc a PM? It's obvious that you really do want to get the youth-problem sorted out in the area, and it seems like fox has got together with a group of neighbours to help their kids to do stuff. Maybe I'm wrong with what she does but I think I'm on the right lines. :) You may well find that she and her friends have been able to find a solution for their area (Middlewood) that might help the Gleadless Valley folk.

I wish you well. It's hard being a single parent, anyone who isn't one (or hasn't been one) really has no idea how difficult it can be at times.... :rolleyes:

Good luck with it all!

:)

Hi minnime. I wonder if it's worth you sending fox20thc a PM? It's obvious that you really do want to get the youth-problem sorted out in the area, and it seems like fox has got together with a group of neighbours to help their kids to do stuff. Maybe I'm wrong with what she does but I think I'm on the right lines. :) You may well find that she and her friends have been able to find a solution for their area (Middlewood) that might help the Gleadless Valley folk.

I wish you well. It's hard being a single parent, anyone who isn't one (or hasn't been one) really has no idea how difficult it can be at times.... :rolleyes:

Good luck with it all!

:)

:) I would quite happily share information with anyone about contacts and places to go to get support in setting up a group to improve your neighbourhood.

thanks sheff it nice to hear some positive stuff instead of it cause people are sayin it cause me and my kids who have brought overend down and it aint fair iv tried and tried to get help so i would be happy to get in touch with fox but dont no how to. was you having trouble with yobs fox as i do ant it sorting.

Dealing with anti-social behaviour and young people is an on going battle.

It never totally goes away it just gets managed. We involved connexions and their youth team who came onto the estate and did some street work.

The main thing you need to do is to become a familiar face to these people and one they know they can speak to without being shouted at. I find that the more time you spend just passing the time of day, smiling and saying hello when you see them the better.

I never walk past the kids in our area without saying hi. Some ignore me, but a good proportion say hello back. A mutual and grudging respect develops. We have as a group prosecuted young people who have stepped out of line.

Once for theft and once for petty vandlism. We actually caught the same tram with them, sat in court with them and tram back. We explained no hard feelings, and everyone went back to normal. Guess what they didn't do it again and they understand that we mean business and follow through.

Kids need to know that if you make a promise you will keep it. From organising a football match to threatening to prosecute if they commit a crime.

You say minime that they are doing no harm playing footy. Maybe thats your starting block. Get them organised into 5 aside teams and have a competition. Approach your tenants association for some prizes and connexions may be able to help organise it. Im sure you have some open space over there to play sport on. :)

BTW Minime, if you want to get in touch with me the link is at the bottom.