Upgrading from Vista to 7

Don't run Ccleaner daily, that's just stupid, also if you use MSE you aren't very well protected!

MSE is one of the better 'free' ones....

Vista > Windows 7 tbh.

Seriously? Vista was awful.

Sorry Woolyhead, I was assuming you were going for a 'clean install' of Windows-7, I've done several upgrades ( about 5 years ago ) from Xp and Vista

to Windows-7 but it was tortuous and I was never completely happy with the final installations.

Microsoft have a couple of assistance packages 'Upgrade Advisor' and 'windows easy transfer' ( links below ), good luck.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/products/features/windows-easy-transfer

I would just back up all your data to an external hard drive - don't forget to export any Bookmarks from your browser/s. If you have any applications that did not come with the Notebook, make sure you have them to hand.

For security I use Comodo Internet Security which has a Websafe check utility built in. The only other security software I use are SUPER-AntiSpyware and Malwarebytes - free ones.

Am i wrong in thinking that Microsoft has stopped supporting windows 7?

Am i wrong in thinking that Microsoft has stopped supporting windows 7?

Yes. It's XP they have stopped supporting.

The upgrade from Vista to W7 should be ok, isn't it only XP to 7 people can struggle with? due to the older specs sorry if thises wrong

HI kidlry. i'm told that microsoft still supports Vista but only sends security stuff

HI kidlry. i'm told that microsoft still supports Vista but only sends security stuff

Office 2013 isn't supported under Vista, only under 7 and 8/8.1

If I had paid £££ for Vista when it was released, I would have been furious :rant: