Cam belt change?

My car needs it's cam belt changing as it's reached 5 years old but 26k miles, my garage has quoted £418 inc a water pump and bolts etc, it's a 2009 seat Ibiza sport. Anyone think this is a good quote?. I don't really know much about cars.

You don't need to change your cam belt if it's only 26k miles, you should be changing around the 50/60k mark. The price you have been quoted is a bit steep to be honest your looking about £3-350

You don't need to change your cam belt if it's only 26k miles, you should be changing around the 50/60k mark. The price you have been quoted is a bit steep to be honest your looking about £3-350

Rubber harden with age. much better to be safe then a new engine.

"Critical Maintenance, Required Every Four Years"

The belt is made from a rubber-based compound, which deteriorates over time, even if you don't drive many miles. Deterioration may also be accelerated by contact with chemicals or fluids such as engine oil or antifreeze.

dont listen to him

http://www.sytner.co.uk/seat/aftersales/aftersales-offers/seat_offer_q1_2012_cambelt.aspx

Seat dealer offer 2 years warrantee, do you think it is worth the saving compare to what he has offer£412 vs £350? Is he going to use genuine parts? who he pay for new engine if something goes wrong, In this case pay slightly cheaper and you will pay twice

think before using him is my advice

Edited by razvanalbu

WWe do cam belt changes and we only use genuine parts your more than welcome to call for a quote