Films with surprise endings - No spoilers!

Erm, didn't you say 'no spoilers!', and then went on to give at least 3 massive spoilers?

'No spoilers!' wasn't part of the thread title when I posted. Must have been added without checking the content of the first post.

---------- Post added 13-10-2017 at 15:05 ----------

Arlington Road and Jacob's Ladder are very underrated films.

Arlington Road is a great film; excellent actors too: Jeff Bridges and Tim Robbins. I haven't seen it in ages, but as I recall it's an example of a twisty film where the twist is genuinely a surprise. It also upsets a few mainstream thriller conventions.

Shutter Island is a favourite as well, but the book is more satisfying.

Stonehearst Asylum

I liked that film too. I don't know why I kinda like films about asylums.

Erm, didn't you say 'no spoilers!', and then went on to give at least 3 massive spoilers?

"No spoilers" was not part of my thread title, it was added by the mods I assume. As all the films I mentioned were relatively old and quite famous, I assumed everybody had seen them and was just giving out what surprised me at the time of watching them. Sorry if I did spoil it for anyone.:(

"No spoilers" was not part of my thread title, it was added by the mods I assume. As all the films I mentioned were relatively old and quite famous, I assumed everybody had seen them and was just giving out what surprised me at the time of watching them. Sorry if I did spoil it for anyone.:(

I've seen those, but it did make me giggle when seeing the title and then the first post!

Shutter Island is pretty good.

Identity is another one that's similar.

The Others

The Machinist - Christian Bale's best film I reckon

Oldboy

The twist in The Others is a classic.

I worked out what was going on in 6th Sense too, but it was still good when the reveal came around.

I thought The Village (another of M Night Shyalaman's) had a fabulous twist.

A more recent one is The Limehouse Golem, which I'll say no more about, since it's probably still out in the cinemas, but it keeps you guessing (even after the reveal).

American Psycho

Gone Girl

Jagged Edge

Loads of good ones:

Shutter Island

Primal Fear

The Game

Arlington Road

The Others

The Usual Suspects

Jacob's Ladder

The game is one of my favourite films of all time

The original Carrie movie from the 70s got me hooked on Stephen King couldn't do that in the book though

The original Carrie movie from the 70s got me hooked on Stephen King couldn't do that in the book though

bit off topic , but I read the Bachman novels , written by Stephen King under a pseudonym . One of the stories was The Running Man and was far superior to the crappy film that followed

bit off topic , but I read the Bachman novels , written by Stephen King under a pseudonym . One of the stories was The Running Man and was far superior to the crappy film that followed

Maximum Overdrive was a Bachman story made into a film, I think King also wrote the screenplay, not that bad, certainly a little different.