Sheffield 10k / Students return and Sheffield Derby

You don't agree. Some people are concerned. You're not. That's fine.

Stop the rolly eyes rubbish and grow up, please. There's no need for your tone at all.

:hihi:

I'm guessing by that response that you've now realised just how silly this is becoming...

... so my job here is done! :P

I'm guessing by that response that you've now realised just how silly this is becoming...

... so my job here is done! :P

No, I just think you're a fool.

Or a child. School holidays I suppose.

I agree that football ahs sold it's soul and is therefore at the mercy of it's Sky overlords - SWFC don't have a home game kicking off at 3pm Saturday for over two months.

Also agree the clash isn't ideal, but lets have a bit of context. Granted the teams haven't played each other for a long time (United's fault not Wednesdays :hihi: ) but how many arrests and how much trouble has there been in at recent matches? Its not the 80s anymore.

With a bit of planning by the powers that be, and on behalf of individuals/families I think both events can pass off successfully.

I agree that football ahs sold it's soul and is therefore at the mercy of it's Sky overlords - SWFC don't have a home game kicking off at 3pm Saturday for over two months.

Also agree the clash isn't ideal, but lets have a bit of context. Granted the teams haven't played each other for a long time (United's fault not Wednesdays :hihi: ) but how many arrests and how much trouble has there been in at recent matches? Its not the 80s anymore.

With a bit of planning by the powers that be, and on behalf of individuals/families I think both events can pass off successfully.

This is the same city that forgot to give water to runners a few years ago...

[/b]

Well I'm betting there wont be any this year either...

... it'll all have been nicked by the footy fans! ;)

Quote:

Freshers week is the week before isn't it? W/e 22nd?

Not all second and third years come back for freshers week - lectures don't start until the week after.

For the comments from other posters supposing I was bemoaning inconvenience for students, have you thought about the added problem of thousands of confused parents driving around in duvet-filled cars is going to cause for Sheffield residents too?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Same city, different race organisers.....

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

2 hours? Really?

So, the run starts at 9.30am. The vast majority of people will take an hour, so 10.30, but there will be lots that take 90mins, so 11am.

Then, at 11am, there's the kids race, which takes another hour.

So the roads and crowds won't be gone till 12noon. 15 minutes before kick off.

Yes, it's 4 miles away, but it's also closing off most of the roads around Brammall Lane (Ecclesall Road, the road behind Debenhams etc), which are main bus routes through the city, not to mention the fact that a lot of people coming from the S2 area (united fans) will have to find different ways round to beat the road closures.

I think the OP is perfectly right to raise it as an issue.

KO is 1.15 mate, so plenty of time

If you go from S2, you can just go down Queens Road to Park Square and round the inner ring road as you'll be able to from most of southern Sheffield. If you're on the west side you can go through Fulwood up to Stephen Hill and drop down onto Rivelin Road. Hardly a disaster and not beyond the thinking of anyone with half a brain. Or you can jump on a tram as they aren't affected.

Same city, different race organisers.....

........and different event.

Thousands of people who are slaves to their cars will only consider that as a method of transport. The roads start filling up around 4 hours before kick off on 'normal' match days.

I'm going to find a cave to hide in!

How are people expected to get to the game?

This is a stupid idea

Its also dangerous, I hope the NHS is on standby as 40,000 fans walk to the game and collapse of exhaustion

Its going to be chaos