Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Breaking Bad

Scandal

American Horror Story

Making a Murderer

Parks and Recreation

For future binge viewing:

. All episodes on Netflix on July 15th. Really looking forward to this. Great to see Winona Ryder again too.

I stumbled across a Blacklist episode and then had to watch the lot from the beginning.

I'm nearly 2 series down now.

For future binge viewing:
. All episodes on Netflix on July 15th. Really looking forward to this. Great to see Winona Ryder again too.

I watched a wee bit of this while eating my dinner, and it looks fantastic! Stephen King meets Steven Spielberg in 1983. Proper old-school jumps and scares. I'm looking forward to doing a hefty chunk of binge watching over the weekend.

Beware, anyone who grew up watching Beetlejuice and Heathers: you're going to feel very old indeed.

Just done the last series of Banshee after re-watching the rest. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish. You can argue it's a bit full on not much light and shade but the (pretty much unheard of) ensemble cast give it pretty oomph, and given some of the content deserve more praise than they got. Very violent with lots sex so not one for the easily offended but I loved it.

Good soundtrack too.

Further to my post up there ^^^, I watched the rest of Stranger Things over the course of the weekend. I'm happy to report that it's one of the best things I've seen on Netflix - if not on TV - in a very long time. Atmospheric, amusing, gorgeously nostalgic, and with just the right amount of jump out of your skin scariness. It's exactly what the X-Files revival should have been.

I have a few niggles, especially concerning the treatment of one character in particular, but overall it's a resounding five star rating.

Blasted through Preacher on Amazon prime. It's very very good, funny in places, downright weird in others. Set in Texas, nearly all the actors are English, and a nice nod to fawlty towers of all things.

If I follow a recommendation from TFH or Hec I'm guaranteed to like it but Stranger Things was even better than anticipated, thanks guys :)

It's like Stephen King and Dean Koontz had a couple of beers, got together and brought their A material.

Loved it.

If I follow a recommendation from TFH or Hec I'm guaranteed to like it but Stranger Things was even better than anticipated, thanks guys :)

It's like Stephen King and Dean Koontz had a couple of beers, got together and brought their A material.

Loved it.

Excellent! Glad you liked it.

I decided to start catching up on ten years' worth of Doctor Who, starting with the Christopher Eccleston episodes. I've watched until the regeneration to David Tennant. My response: :| .

It gets better, right? When does it get better?

Excellent! Glad you liked it.

I decided to start catching up on ten years' worth of Doctor Who, starting with the Christopher Eccleston episodes. I've watched until the regeneration to David Tennant. My response: :| .

It gets better, right? When does it get better?

David Tennant is generally considered to be one of the best Doctors and there are some quality episodes but if you didn't like the tone of the 'new' Doctor Who then I'm not sure you'll be that interested. The Tennant seasons are generally more fun than Eccleston's though... other opinions are available of course :hihi:

David Tennant is generally considered to be one of the best Doctors and there are some quality episodes but if you didn't like the tone of the 'new' Doctor Who then I'm not sure you'll be that interested. The Tennant seasons are generally more fun than Eccleston's though... other opinions are available of course :hihi:

I think Eccleston is a great actor, but something was a bit off about his Doctor; in fact, the entire series felt a bit am dram, but I put that down to the fact that the first of the 'new' series is getting on a bit.

Actually, now I think about it, I reckon it was more Dramarama than am dram, so the problem's likely mine: I forgot that Doctor Who was always a kids' programme - prime Saturday teatime fare. And that's great, but I was expecting more depth and fewer fart jokes, especially when I've heard that episodes like the weeping angels one are supposed to be genuinely scary.

Further to my post up there ^^^, I watched the rest of Stranger Things over the course of the weekend. I'm happy to report that it's one of the best things I've seen on Netflix - if not on TV - in a very long time. Atmospheric, amusing, gorgeously nostalgic, and with just the right amount of jump out of your skin scariness. It's exactly what the X-Files revival should have been.

I've been watching it too, although for me its a little too much Goonies / Poltergeist, with a bit of John Carpenter and Tangerine Dream thrown into the mix.