World Cup 2026 hosts

Will be hosted in Canada, the USA, and Mexico.

wonder if trump will charge more for people coming from canada and mexico?

Hopefully his presidency will be a distant memory by then!

Yes, Obama and Clinton could claim victory in a North/South Korea peace deal along with the North abandoning their nuclear programme, Trump, who was he?

:hihi::hihi::hihi

So Mexico in 70 and 86, USA in 94. England, 66.

Yep, nothing wrong with that at all.

It is bound to be, they only get 8 years as President over two terms max

---------- Post added 13-06-2018 at 11:51 ----------

So Mexico in 70 and 86, USA in 94. England, 66.

Yep, nothing wrong with that at all.

Indeed the birthplace of football gets this treatment yet the US whose population mostly hate the game get a third shot. But did England even bid this time?

---------- Post added 13-06-2018 at 11:58 ----------

Will be hosted in Canada, the USA, and Mexico.

Yeah, and the vast majority of Canadians and Americans don't even like the game and make fun of the fouling and drama that often comes with it. Plus they find it boring compared to North American sports. Yes, "soccer" is a minority sport over here, way down the list.

Edited by Ontarian1981

England can only bid when it’s Europe’s turn for a tournament. Russia counts as Europe for these purposes although part is in Asia. So 2030 maybe the next possible one I think.

Previous bids have been stitched up by dodgy deals, allegedly.

England should get it in my lifetime I’m hoping. But may have to link up with other British nations and/or Rep of Ireland. But then there is the issue of our 4 national FAs rather than one UK FA and team. FIFA don’t like that.

Yes, Obama and Clinton could claim victory in a North/South Korea peace deal along with the North abandoning their nuclear programme, Trump, who was he?

:hihi::hihi::hihi

Not if Trump gets the Nobel Prize lol

---------- Post added 13-06-2018 at 13:02 ----------

England can only bid when it’s Europe’s turn for a tournament. Russia counts as Europe for these purposes although part is in Asia. So 2030 maybe the next possible one I think.

Previous bids have been stitched up by dodgy deals, allegedly.

England should get it in my lifetime I’m hoping. But may have to link up with other British nations and/or Rep of Ireland. But then there is the issue of our 4 national FAs rather than one UK FA and team. FIFA don’t like that.

How come Morocco was bidding when the 2022 WC is in Qatar?

It is bound to be, they only get 8 years as President over two terms max

---------- Post added 13-06-2018 at 11:51 ----------

Indeed the birthplace of football gets this treatment yet the US whose population mostly hate the game get a third shot. But did England even bid this time?

---------- Post added 13-06-2018 at 11:58 ----------

Yeah, and the vast majority of Canadians and Americans don't even like the game and make fun of the fouling and drama that often comes with it. Plus they find it boring compared to North American sports. Yes, "soccer" is a minority sport over here, way down the list.

Quite right Mr T. but I did read where football is gaining popularity very fast in the USA.

Quite right Mr T. but I did read where football is gaining popularity very fast in the USA.

In the schools it's a girls' game lol

it's getting to the point now where individual countries, even rich ones like Switzerland and Sweden who have hosted World Cups in the past, can no longer put together bids even if they wanted to, without being laughed at. They can't afford it and need to spread the costs around. If Sweden were to host the World Cup again, they'd need Norway, Finland, Denmark, and possibly even Icicleland to help out. And they'd still probably lose.

what is noticeable this time is how few bids there were.

the USA is one of the few countries in the world that can put together a soccer World Cup tournament on their own. Having a tournament in the USA is always a good idea as everybody at FIFA, as well as everybody else who cares about soccer, knows how important making soccer a really popular sport in the USA is, and if it does happen, then it really will be Planet Football. The USA is the last wilderness, the 'El Dorado' for European fussball imperialism. You can hardly blame FIFA for having another crack at it, over 30 years after 1994.

This will be a USA tournament in all but name, almost all of the games will be played in the USA and very few in the other two countries.

plucky Morocco keep trying and in a way I'm disappointed they haven't made it. I'd rather it was them, with maybe Spain helping out rather than Qatar next time for sure.

Edited by blake

it's getting to the point now where individual countries, even rich ones like Switzerland and Sweden who have hosted World Cups in the past, can no longer put together bids even if they wanted to, without being laughed at. They can't afford it and need to spread the costs around. If Sweden were to host the World Cup again, they'd need Norway, Finland, Denmark, and possibly even Icicleland to help out. And they'd still probably lose.

what is noticeable this time is how few bids there were.

the USA is one of the few countries in the world that can put together a soccer World Cup tournament on their own. Having a tournament in the USA is always a good idea as everybody at FIFA, as well as everybody else who cares about soccer, knows how important making soccer a really popular sport in the USA is, and if it does happen, then it really will be Planet Football. The USA is the last wilderness, the 'El Dorado' for European fussball imperialism. You can hardly blame FIFA for having another crack at it, over 30 years after 1994.

This will be a USA tournament in all but name, almost all of the games will be played in the USA and very few in the other two countries.

plucky Morocco keep trying and in a way I'm disappointed they haven't made it. I'd rather it was them, with maybe Spain helping out rather than Qatar next time for sure.

They said after the first WC in the US that it would get more people into football didn't happen then and won't happen any time soon. As in Canada, the only ones really into football are immigrants and some of their kids who have come from footballing countries. We have Toronto FC who are extremely well supported, but only by a small segment of Brits, Italians, S.Americans, Portuguese and every other nationality under the sun. It is also same with all MLS clubs. True, this 2026 WC will be a financial success but don't kid yourself that it will ever come close to the NFL , NHL ,NBA and MLB in popularity in America and Canada at large.

Edited by Ontarian1981