A real boxing match this weekend, GGG or Alveraz

A real boxing match this weekend, cant wait,

2 top class boxers facing each other. not like 2 weeks ago when we all new who the winner was going to be.

GGG the guy who beat Kel Brook, takes on the ginger Mexican Alveraz

2 really good fighters

don't no what the odds are but must be close

ill have a quid or 2 on Alveraz just because iv seen Golovkin get hit a few times [even tho hes walked thru them shots] I think Alveraz will put some good combos together to get to him,

any others on here have an opinion on this fight

Alvarez is a young lad and is in his prime, Golovkin will have his work cut out for him thats for sure.

Golovkin has dominated the middleweight division for nearly a decade, he's no joke.

Golovkin has dominated the middleweight division for nearly a decade, he's no joke.

To be fair other than Lemieux and Jacobs he hasnt fought anyone of any worth, all of his opponents would have been wiped out by an on form Alvarez anyway, he wont walk onto punches like he has in many of his fights when he faces Alvarez or he will be knocked out, that said I agree he is no joke, in fact he is a beast.

Alvarez's résumé is way above Golovkins but I think they are about equal skill wise, GGG however has never been properly rocked, unlike Alvarez, Golovkin by TKO around the 10th.

Alvarez has fought some good fights, but he still couldn't get it done against Mayweather and the table was stacked heavily in his favour (on paper).

11 years younger and a full 15 lbs in weight difference on fight night (a full two weight classes!!!).

I think he's improved since then, he absolutely annihilated Amir Khan last year and then went on to give Liam Smith a total pasting.

Alvarez certainly has some power!

I don't believe Alvarez has got enough pop to keep Golovkin off him. Just because he cracked some fine china in Kirkland's and Khan's jaw people think he's some kind of punching / KO monster.

Once Golovkin starts connecting with some power shots he'll walk him down and stop him.

Golovkin all the way. Too much power and a chin like granite

Id be surprised if it went past round 8.

Alvarez to win (maybe last round) very close is my prediction until the last couple of rounds.

Golovkin all the way. Too much power and a chin like granite

Id be surprised if it went past round 8.

i agree GGG has gat a chin or head like granite, but I think the tough alveraz will get thru with youth and speed on his side, hes got a strong hard punch and he'll get thru with 2s and 3s in each round, I think around 7-8 he'll finish him, but a close one either way

i agree GGG has gat a chin or head like granite, but I think the tough alveraz will get thru with youth and speed on his side, hes got a strong hard punch and he'll get thru with 2s and 3s in each round, I think around 7-8 he'll finish him, but a close one either way

You make a good point but I still think GGG will have the win.

Either way though it should be an entertaining fight and will hopefully do something positive for boxings rep after the freak show that was mayweathers last ' fight'

You make a good point but I still think GGG will have the win.

Either way though it should be an entertaining fight and will hopefully do something positive for boxings rep after the freak show that was mayweathers last ' fight'

Unfortunately it didnt, a ridiculous decision by the judges has made boxing look like nothing more than a corrupt money making scheme judged by idiots, I had Golovkin 4 rounds up on Alvarez.

Pathetic judge Adalaide Byrd has always been known as one of the worst judges in boxing and MMA history and with scores like 118-110 for Alvarez you can see why fighters and promoters always try to stop her from judging their fights.

Another mockery and another rematch whilst the clock of old father time ticks away for an ageing Golovkin, things might be just right for an Alvarez win next time round.

Edited by mickey finn