Any ex Firth Park School lads n lassies out there?

does any 1 remember chris clifton?? 1970s ish

Edited by scallyann

i left in 88 and the names of penfold and jesus jones were around years before then,

i had a brother who left in 91 whats your surname

I also left in 88 , and was also in Joseph at the crucible

would love to hear from people who also left at the same year .....

i left in 88 and the names of penfold and jesus jones were around years before then,

i had a brother who left in 91 whats your surname

I also left in 88 , and was also in Joseph at the crucible

would love to hear from people who also left at the same year .....

I left in June 75 and I believe who you refer to as Penfold was in fact Mr Jones the french teacher (I watched Danger Mouse with my son and can see the similarities as to why he was given that soubriquet). I was taught by both these teachers every year of my time at Firth Park. Hate to contradict you guys out there who left after my time but Mr Jones (french) was at first known as "Samantha" Jones which later got shortened to "Sam" Jones due to his rather effeminate manners. When you later pupils changed it to Penfold I have no idea but Mr Jones (biology) was known as Jesus Jones even during my time there and can confirm that the both of them were well established when I started. My son later followed me to to FP as well and he's now 32.

:wave::wave:

I left in 78 but wasn`t in F1/2. I was in H2. You mention a lad called Goddard. Wasn`t he the one who was really good on the violin along with his sister. I`m sure i can remember them playing at morning assembly. Then again it could have been when i was at beck road as they both went there as well.

Hi dear :wave:,

It was Roy Goddard who played the violin but none of his sisters played any instruments as far as I'm aware but the whole family loved music - mainly heavy rock. I remember Roy was writing concertos at 12/13 years old. Bob (he played the guitar), June, Gail, Vernell and Roy were all really very clever. Vernell was my best mate throughout my time at FP and prior to that Beck Road, and at home so I know them all pretty well, I used to live just down the road from them. My brother Keith Burns was in the same year as Roy throughout his school days. I've not long ago got back in touch with Vernell after all these years (we both are 51 now), through Facebook which I am happy really about and she tells me that Roy is now doing well, married and living in the USA.:)

:wave::wave:

Hi dear :wave:,

It was Roy Goddard who played the violin but none of his sisters played any instruments as far as I'm aware but the whole family loved music - mainly heavy rock. I remember Roy was writing concertos at 12/13 years old. Bob (he played the guitar), June, Gail, Vernell and Roy were all really very clever. Vernell was my best mate throughout my time at FP and prior to that Beck Road, and at home so I know them all pretty well, I used to live just down the road from them. My brother Keith Burns was in the same year as Roy throughout his school days. I've not long ago got back in touch with Vernell after all these years (we both are 51 now), through Facebook which I am happy really about and she tells me that Roy is now doing well, married and living in the USA.:)

Is your brother keith younger than you as the name rings a bell

Yes he is, 2 years younger than me. I'm Christine and we were both known for our swimming so that should give you extra information. Who are you? Maybe I will remember you too.

Hi. I once read up on the history of the brushes building. Apparently its haunted by a Mrs Mary Booth. She lived there lots of years ago with her family, but was having an affair with some horseman. When the affair was revealed, her lover was murdered in longley park. She then hung herself from the tower at brushes and her ghost is known as either the white or grey lady. sorry i cant be more specific, it was a fair few years ago when i researched it.

fallen angel

i left in 91 whats your brothers name?

My boyfriend left Firth Park school in 2000 :lol:

What's his name? I left in 2000 also

To Locket

Hi my brother is older than I ,, and I am 37 , so he would have left firth park around 1980 i think ...

sorry didnt notice the quote in your post

Eyup KeithA and Gormenghast, I've just come across these postings. I was there 1959-1964 when it was a proper school (boys only) (wait for the shouts of derision!). Do you have any contacts of ex pupils of that time? Can you exchange some tales of that time? Cheers.