Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

Saw "When the wind blows" at The Crucible many years ago and it was haunting, more so than the cartoon.

Hi all, me yet again, I made a request last post I made, but it got lost in the midst of the rest of the threads that was made, anyways......

I am after the film Threads, that's the one with the Nuclear attack on Sheffield one, I have searched everywhere, but not had any luck so far, I am after a copy, not bothered if it is not the original and I am willing to pay for one, so easy cash for anyone who can be bothered to run a copy off.

Also, I doubt it, but might as well ask, I am after a series called The Last Train that was shown on TV some time ago, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oooh, I remember the Last Train...drove my Sheffield friends batty how it mixed up the different areas. We all watched it fairly avidly, though.

Odd programme.

Can't remember how it ended.

Sorry, don't have a copy. But the Library might?

Never saw Threads, but I know it gave some people nightmares...

Hmm, sorry, not right helpful...

What's the Last Train ..... and Threads - they both sound really interesting... info anyone ?

Threads was apparently a quite graphic movie about the effects of a nuclear bomb being dropped on Sheffield...really icky, I've heard.

The Last Train was a tv drama about a group of people who were involved in a train crash, but were preserved by some freezing substance someone was smuggling. When they all woke up they were in post-apocalyptic Sheffield, and had to make their way to some research centre in the Peaks or somewhere.

Does that help?

There is one on amazon (Threads), bit expencive at £60 though.

Here

I reckon the Showroom should show all the Sheffield themed movies there are as a kind of Celebrate Sheffield on Film week/month...

Threads, The Full Monty...ummm, help me out here!

Might be quite a short thing...a Celebrate Sheffield on Film night...:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by cosywolf

I reckon the Showroom should show all the Sheffield themed movies there are as a kind of Celebrate Sheffield on Film week/month...

I'm kinda suprised they haven't already done this because it seems a pretty good idea to me.

Definatlly wouldn't mind seeing Treads,sounds like a really good film.

You'd have to include 'Tales From A Hard City', the documentary about 4 Sheffield 'dreamers' (for which read 'mad people') made in 1994 - it's chokingly funny, though makes Sheffield look like a city of deluded nutters. And maybe it is.

Occasionally appears on late night Channel 4. It will make your jaw hit the floor and your sides will split.

Apologies to anyone on this forum who might actually be one of the 4 main people in the movie. Especially if you're the actor who can't drive who tries to get a sponsored car from Skoda.

Threads is a really shocking film that DID give plenty of people nightmares. The site of a giant mushroom cloud rising above The Moor will stay with you a long time.