Dog bins overfull or not there anymore ?

Hmmm... :huh:

... I think this is taking the whole idea of recycling a bit too far.

Are all types of doggy poo now recyclable or is it just certain breeds?

And will the council's appointed waste disposal operatives refuse to empty the bin if someone has inadvertently put Fido's misdemeanour in the wrong side? :confused:

IIRC its irrelevant in Sheffield as everything is incinerated.

A friend was walking on Bole Hills and someone complained that the dog bin was so full people were piling the bags on the lid and, as that was full, around the base.

She rang the appropriate department who told her to check inside the bin as it had been emptied the previous day.

Lo and behold, it was completely empty.

The theory being that someone had simply dumped their bags on top and everyone else had followed suit.

Which kind of shows the mentality of some dog walkers.

Why not just bag it up and take it home ?

Guest makapaka

Because they couldn’t be bothered it’s easier to complain that the council aren’t doing it for them.

Basically the mentality of anyone who drops litter.

Laziness.

I pick up after my two every time. I was once reported for using a communal bin to put it in. I had a visit from two PCSO to my home they told me not to use the communal bin. Maybe I should just leave it on the grass like everyone else does. There had also been a complaint about dog hair around the flats next door to me never heard anything so ridiculous and I'm sure the PCSO have better things to deal with.

live at basegreen and dog bins are emptied

Here in Stannington we have several dotted about which are funded and emptied by SCC. We also have six around the Park which have been paid for by donations and funding given to Action for Stannington. These are emptied by volunteers on a regular basis and SCC collects the large amount collected.

Perhaps if there are no bins in your area you could start a similar scheme.

I pick up after my two every time. I was once reported for using a communal bin to put it in. I had a visit from two PCSO to my home they told me not to use the communal bin. Maybe I should just leave it on the grass like everyone else does. There had also been a complaint about dog hair around the flats next door to me never heard anything so ridiculous and I'm sure the PCSO have better things to deal with.

I hope you don't mind but I laughed out loud reading your description of events and it reminded me of this.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/south-yorkshire-police-mocked-for-urging-residents-to-report-non-crime-hate-incidents-1-9345903

Near me a dog bin was removed near a park it was used all time and overfull, (council empy it every month it seems) The council got rid of the bin and replaced it with a black rubbish bin , within 3 weeks the council came to remove the black rubbish bin and Now no Bin at all !! Now why should ppl bother if council cant ??

Near me a dog bin was removed near a park it was used all time and overfull, (council empy it every month it seems) The council got rid of the bin and replaced it with a black rubbish bin , within 3 weeks the council came to remove the black rubbish bin and Now no Bin at all !! Now why should ppl bother if council cant ??

Decency, pride, ?

I am disabled and live at Aston it would not be the first time to see people hang dog mess in plastic bags from the A frame gates.

Perhaps people should take responsibility for their own mess.