Lowedges slip road

We've been thinking the same. When its busy its so much harder to pull out. As others have said - it was much easier and safer to just ignore it and treat it as before, but now they have the barriers up its neigh on impossible to enter traffic at a steady speed. I wonder what the plan is, they can't keep the plastic barrier there forever.

scc came up with the idea,and as local tenants/residents sec I was told by locals its a trial and if we don't like the idea we should complain,but I don't know and have not heard who to complain to,i personally think its very silly idea and will endeavour to find out who to complain to now we know that theres others that agree its a silly idea.

scc came up with the idea,and as local tenants/residents sec I was told by locals its a trial and if we don't like the idea we should complain,but I don't know and have not heard who to complain to.

The Council, perhaps? :loopy:

scc came up with the idea,and as local tenants/residents sec I was told by locals its a trial and if we don't like the idea we should complain,but I don't know and have not heard who to complain to,i personally think its very silly idea and will endeavour to find out who to complain to now we know that theres others that agree its a silly idea.
It probably is.

Ideas like this, which are clearly idiotic, shouldn't be getting suggested or taken seriously never mind getting to the trial stage.

How much will this trial from planning to implementation to (inevitable) withdrawal be costing us?

And then the council moans about cuts. Well stop spending money on schemes and wages to people who are clearly inept. Then I might have some sympathy.

It probably is.

Ideas like this, which are clearly idiotic, shouldn't be getting suggested or taken seriously never mind getting to the trial stage.

How much will this trial from planning to implementation to (inevitable) withdrawal be costing us?

And then the council moans about cuts. Well stop spending money on schemes and wages to people who are clearly inept. Then I might have some sympathy.

There should be a "like" button!

spoken to highways,and they have said they will come back to me ,when they have found out which of there departments this scheme comes under and will contact me in about 24 hours,it does seem to be part of the meadowhead scheme,but I will inform you all when they contact me,hope this helps

let us know which department is dealing with this.

Hopefully we can bombard them with emails and phone calls in order to make them see the error of their ways?

Well, worth a try anyway. Last time I looked we were a democracy.

---------- Post added 10-12-2014 at 15:17 ----------

Andy, the cycle lane is already in place but doesn't affect the slip lane as far as I can recall.

Mind you, I have now have to concentrate more on judging the gap in order to get out of the give way rather than notice the road markings so I may be wrong.

hi all,just had email from council,bus companys not happy,drivers complaints galore its not working as they thought,so got to ring them fri am,when I have I will report back on the situation and whats going to happen next thanks

I noticed today that there's a give way for cycles too - so even they have to wait! No filter for them - I wouldn't fancy being a cyclist trying to get up to speed and turning into that road. It's bad enough as a driver.

I do wonder why they decided to try it though? It's been that way for years and years, and to my knowledge - without any issues/problems?!

Seems a bit daft, and wrt cycling, I used to cycle from Lowedges and Bradway to town via Chesterfield Rd and to Manor top via Bochum Parkway regularly, if going to town, it was ok to use slip road and roundabout, but if going via Bochum parkway it was easier to use pavement, then dismount and cross the road on foot, before remounting and cycling along Bochum parkway.

Not a very nice roundabout to cycle round though. The speed of the cars and unwillingness of many to give way, must have surely resulted in cyclists being cut up and killed or seriously injured over the years.

I used to be particularly worried travelling round there having already lost one member of my family to an idiotic driving speeding in that area.