Middlewood Tavern

Guy who owns Harios owns about half of Hillsborough - and as someone said he ought to sort the eyesore at the bottom of Wadsley Lane first which has been in a derelict state for about 4 years.

I thought it was looking like that had been tidied up a bit as of late. Maybe that's wishful thinking though. What's the story here? It's been a derelict site for as long as I've known the area.

Why go in them then?? Unless you like watching kids or something, there are plenty of other establishments around that don't allow kids.

A lot of my old haunts turned into "Family" pubs , so i stopped going in and found some quiet alehouses .

Its a shame some boozers think they have to resort to allowing kids in .

---------- Post added 21-12-2015 at 21:35 ----------

I thought it was looking like that had been tidied up a bit as of late. Maybe that's wishful thinking though. What's the story here? It's been a derelict site for as long as I've known the area.

If the planners are being Unhelpful , then you quite often find developers will quite happily sit on the land and leave it derelict until more "friendly" planners can be persuaded to look favourably at their plans , if you know what i mean.

A lot of my old haunts turned into "Family" pubs , so i stopped going in and found some quiet alehouses .

the money in pubs is in selling pop, crisps and meals.

The ones selling 2 halves all evening to old boys have had to shut.

Ask them what element of their profit arises from families and subsidise the pub with that amount. You could then continue to drink at your old haunts

You understand that this one is currently closed right?

Not open to anyone.

If the planners are being Unhelpful , then you quite often find developers will quite happily sit on the land and leave it derelict until more "friendly" planners can be persuaded to look favourably at their plans , if you know what i mean.

Whoever these "builders" were, they started excavation work on greenbelt land without PP.

They are subject to an enforcement order to restore the field to it's previous state.

---------- Post added 21-12-2015 at 21:35 ----------

Were they wanting to turn the site into yet another take away? (Just to be clear, I'm talking about the hole in the ground at the bottom of Wadsley Lane.)

Does anyone know what's happening with the Middlewood Tavern?

---------- Post added 24-09-2016 at 09:12 ----------

Every time I drive past it looks as if work is being carried out but nothing ever changes

Work looks to have started again on the Hario's place on the corner of Middlewood Road, opposite Asda. But that place has been shut up for AGES now. They gutted it (couple of years ago?), then it all stopped, then a sign went up to say it would be opening again in May.......it's still an empty shell. Seems to be a pattern here.

Yeah he was opening a food takeaway on Middlewood Road sign been in window for over a year now.

Guest makapaka
I imagine your post may be tongue in cheek, but you do have a valid point. Some "parents" enter these establishments and give their crumb catchers free range to roam all over screaming and wailing, most off putting when you are trying to have some snap.

Angel1.

You were a child once you know.

I very rarely see kids screaming and wailing in pubs - I'm not saying it has never happened but don't pretend it's rife cos it's not.