Slopdosh Bobbar & Ivan Crump

i used to hang around with dave, tommy and miksmiff

i still have an old demo tape somethere.........i think, saw em loads, dont think i have any pics tho, was always too wasted to take a camera out :P

I've been on myspaxe and found big chief humming bobbar formally of:

GOOZGOGZ

DOOBREE FIRKIN AND THE BATTERED FURBURGERS

SLOPDOSH BOBBAR AND IVAN CRUMP

CARPAINTERS

FANNY FLANNELS AND HER CHOCOLATE STARFISH

ONE SYLABLE

and now ,my favourite ever music in the whole world ever-

BIG CHIEF HUMMING BOBBAR

Check it out!!!! myspace.com/hummingbobbar

you'l laugh till you wee :)

Mick Smith..... was starting with a new one, the car-painters (we dont make furniture, we paint cars). Dont know if theyve started playing live yet, he was looking for a drummer.

I was the carpainter's drummer for a while!

and i had a cuppa tea with the legendary mixmif in t.j.hughe's cafe last thursday! he is a GENIUS

:)

Yes, agreed :) he is a very talented man! I've had a few cups of coffee with him and I'm constantly suprised by his seamingly limitless imagination and talent!! For anyone else who's looking for new stuff by him he's got loads of CD's out, think i've got 10 or more he's done since 1990 an thats no where near all of them!!!

Will I be able to get them in regular record shops the next time I'm in the UK?

Your best bet is to get in touch with him on myspace, or, keep checking and i will get you an email address for you to contact direct, limited record shops should probably stock his stuff. You could also take his advice on myspace and ask the clerk instore if they have tuna pants (his latest release).

Slopdosh originated in a shared house at Firvale and I was in the pre Slopodosh line-up called "Skurvey Mutton". Tommy left for a while and Ratty joined on bass then Tommy re-joined and I left and got married. Ratty is "Ray Stuarts'" son who used to be a dj on radio hallam. I'm still in touch with Tommy and Dave Oates but I haven't seen Ral for a few years. The guy who worked the door at Take Two was Froggy who used to be a big fan of The Levellers and King Kurt. I got on Charlie Harpers' rider after the UK subs gig there and got slightly ****** with Charlie!!

Nice to see folks talking about Slopdosh! I was the drummer (Mick) for a while back in around 1988-1991ish I think, so long ago! I left the band and formed Midnight Realm with Gary Spooner which was the prerequisite to the mighty Reprobate.

Have a look on you tube and search for slopdosh, there's some tracks on there including Gerald and Sunday Sport! Check mix' site out too, he's got loads of stuff on there and it's all classic mixmif.

Si