Films with surprise endings - No spoilers!

Hackey Lad that was my point usually Stephen King books made into films are pretty poor but in my opinion Carrie nailed it at the end

I thought this was excellent.

I second that.

What an ending- when all the smoke clears.

Titanic. Didn't see THAT coming!

The original Psycho had an unexpected ending too. In fact Alfred Hitchcock stipulated that no one should be admitted into a cinema where it was showing once the film had started. That may sound strange to younger moviegoers, but people could go into a cinema at any stage of the showing in those days, in fact the theatre never really emptied, you could stay and watch the films twice if you wanted too.

The Mist! God awful film (I'm no quitter so I stuck with it) but the ending was quite the 'OMG' moment! Did not see it coming and it just made me think.... If that was me and I was in that situation!!! :o

The Mist! God awful film (I'm no quitter so I stuck with it) but the ending was quite the 'OMG' moment! Did not see it coming and it just made me think.... If that was me and I was in that situation!!! :o

I quite liked it, it was made to look like a 50's B movie (the black and white version is the one to watch) and did it well, really unexpected ending.

Titanic. Didn't see THAT coming!

Lol, I was describing it to a workmate the day after I saw it. He said that he no longer had an inkling to spend his hard earned money on a movie that he "now knew the ending of." :)

The dark knight rises.

When miranda turns out to be r' as al guls daughter.

P.s. film is 5yrs old so if youve not seen it now you ve no interest .

For me the ending to scarface - I really didn't want it to end like that long live Tony

bit off topic , but I read the Bachman novels , written by Stephen King under a pseudonym . One of the stories was The Running Man and was far superior to the crappy film that followed

Agreed. I wonder why the changed the plot so much when the book was an excellent premise, far more believable and a bit spooky that people would send you to your execution for a few quid.

Agreed. I wonder why the changed the plot so much when the book was an excellent premise, far more believable and a bit spooky that people would send you to your execution for a few quid.

Think they changed the plot to make it into a sparkly ,Hollywood blockbuster :gag: If they had stuck to the original story it would've made a really good, thought provoking film