Any Heavy rock fans on here ?

...well said Mooks ..The Big arenas dont interest me in the slightest ...

I met Graham Oliver many years ago when he played a Guest Spot with a Band in Hoyland .

One of my mates was in the Band and he introduced me to Graham ..

We've been F/ B friends for quite a few years as now .. :headbang:

Another claim to fame played football in my younger days with good ol Chris Rea OK not rock so to speak but great to see him doing so well..Janick Gers lives near where l used to live.. Saw his first band White Spirit many moons ago..

The Middlesbrough's Rock garden was my haunt in the 70s/80s every Friday night 2 quid to get in 50p a pint greasy hamburger afterwards followed by making a nice pizza on the floor on the way home...happy days lol

I have been into it since about 1976 when my then boyfriend played me some Rory Gallagher and thought it was the best thing I had ever heard! Still into it now love all the old bands saw Zep at Knebworth both weeks, seen just loads of bands. Wasn't keen on the hair metal of the 80's but love a lot of new bands Rammstein, Black Stone Cherry, Shinedown etc. Will never change my musical taste now far too old and not that I want to any way!

Most of my mates have been met through the music, spent many a happy night in the Wap and Rebels, now I go in the Dove, Mulberry, Church House and The Yorkshireman.

Edited by Powerage

Nice Powerage l saw ye name thought you were a big AC/DC fan wish l saw Zep but wasn't to be. Not keen on Rammstein but each to there own. At least its rock n roll which is the main thing.

Opeth are worth a try if you haven't heard them. They're heavy but also have proggy elements, especially with their latest album.

Just had a listen not really my style the growling puts me off can see the proggy style though.

Just had a look back at early days Castle Donington only went once but Accept, Y&T think Van halen were there 86 l think.

OK Downloads popular but theres only a couple of bands that are worth watching rest are just fillers .

At least at donington the bands that were on were very popular

Can never forget that weekend went with 3 m8s one didn't check the stove was working and yup it wasn't . So with burgers sausages etc in the car my m8 decided to eat everything raw lol. Didnt affect him hell knows why not.

That was the year the toilets were taken down for firewood even with people sittiung on the throne lol...happy days

......Bought Lamentations ( Opeth DVD 2003) ...Also got their CD's ..Great Band ( there's lots of Bands from Sweden and Finland that aren't as well known as Sabbath , Purple ,Led Zep etc ....but ,they certainly know their stuff ..

I listen to lots of 'Folk Metal ' ...especially Ensiferum and Korpiklaani ...

Ensiferums new Album 'One Man Army ' features a metal version of the TV Series 'Rawhide' :hihi:..it's actually pretty damned good ...

I love the Korpiklaani song Koivu Ja Tahti ...The intro starts off nice and gentle with Accordion ,Acoustic Guitar and Bass ...then the 'Metal Bit' Kicks in .

Also , their song Spirit of the Forest features Guitar ( towards the end ) that Megadeth would be proud of .:headbang:

Hmm had a browse about YouTube last night Delain wow she's cute . Eluveltie hmm singer ain't bad either lol...heard a few tracks Eluveltie Call of the mountain is a good track but why the growling on the others just messes it up for me musically there very good.

Delain well she's what the doctor ordered lol...Stardust excellent track

Just ****** me off a lot of bands are very good but the growling grunts that ye cant understand anyway are just a waste of time but that's my opinion. That should stray with the death metal scene to me.

......Bought Lamentations ( Opeth DVD 2003) ...Also got their CD's ..Great Band ( there's lots of Bands from Sweden and Finland that aren't as well known as Sabbath , Purple ,Led Zep etc ....but ,they certainly know their stuff ..

I listen to lots of 'Folk Metal ' ...especially Ensiferum and Korpiklaani ...

Ensiferums new Album 'One Man Army ' features a metal version of the TV Series 'Rawhide' :hihi:..it's actually pretty damned good ...

I love the Korpiklaani song Koivu Ja Tahti ...The intro starts off nice and gentle with Accordion ,Acoustic Guitar and Bass ...then the 'Metal Bit' Kicks in .

Also , their song Spirit of the Forest features Guitar ( towards the end ) that Megadeth would be proud of .:headbang:

Don't forget Turisas' awesome version of Rasputin!!!

Gotta love Korpiklaani - most of their songs are about drinking and having a good time!!!

For Eluveitie, I love the Slania album - first track of theirs I ever heard was Inis Mona and it's as catchy as it is brutal. Great band, especially even their acoustic stuff.

Just had a listen not really my style the growling puts me off can see the proggy style though.

Have a listen to their album "Damnation"..no growling on that at all.. very musical.. but a very sad sounding album I think..

example

Saw them at Rock City a few years ago...they were really good.

Edited by truman

Jeez sad.. Hanging material lol.. OK musically though m8

Jeez sad.. Hanging material lol.. OK musically though m8

Some of the songs are a bit lighter :) (but not many)

This is the whole album (I think)

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 15:06 ----------

First gig I went to was Deep Purple at the City Hall in '72 I think..Gillan, Blackmore, Paice,Lord,Glover.

Edited by truman