Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Did you ever figure out a way to remove Rebels' dancefloor gunge from the soles without soaking for an hour? As for the glasses, 'two bottles of dog, please'

Sticky feet, you used to break out in a sweat trying to tap your foot to a tune at times, in answer to your question, leave it to build up for a few weeks and then peel it off like a layer of sunburnt skin. Rebels for a time had carpeting round the edge and that was very nasty as you either stuck to it or it squished, I could never decide which was worse.

Originally posted by WALLBUILDER

Sticky feet, you used to break out in a sweat trying to tap your foot to a tune

Ah, I recently wondered why I have a habit of tapping my heel. Steel tips don't stick! They're too small!

Steel heel tips should be banned, their downright lethal as I'm sure you're aware. A girl wearing such things stamps back onto a guys foot, I'm not bothered how big and tough you are, that hurts, I bet you sound great though walking down the street!

There's a picture of me at remediuk.org

Hover over the blue boxes and you will get a thumbnail. Andy is the top one, me the bottom one but it's not very clear. I will try and dig out some pictures from then. When were you in there Wallbuilder?

I wasn't big, but I was tough :roll:. I only weighed 7 stone. And it's the toes that are most lethal, if you practiced a martial art, which I did :heyhey:. Sounded brill when we were mob-handed! The lads all wore cowboy boots, and the trendies deemed it sensible to cross the street. Can't understand why, they were rather cute and cuddly really. Anybody out there remember Sheff Poly Rock Soc circa '89, '90ish?

And have you seen those things that are fashionable at the moment??

Waste of good suede. Wellies never flattered anybody's legs.

No offence taken.

It is the big tough guy who ends up with tears in his eyes and a strong desire to sit down, cradle their foot and sob for their mummy.

Cowboy boots if you wore the sort with the pointed toes could be remarkably painful if you kicked someone in the shin, I actually went through a phase of wearing steel toe capped army boots in the Wap because they at least would give me some protection when wading through the crowd.

Motor cycle boots essential when trying to kick start a Norton Commando because if that machine kicked back it hurt a lot.

Originally posted by Bloomdido

When were you in there Wallbuilder?

First walked through the door in 1977, I think I was slightly but only slightly underage.

Stopped going in around 1990 as I worked and lived near Derby for a time.

Really sad when I came back a lot of the old faces seemed to have disappeared and unfortunately there was one still in residence who didn't like me, some foolish notion that I'd had something to do with his marriage breaking up, [hand on heart nothing to do with me] Anyway he'd give me the dead look and so I started to spend more time in the White Lion or the Grapes if I was in town.

Does anyone remembeer the Museum pub that was another haunt for bikers and was comfortably grotty.

Does anyone remembeer the Museum pub that was another haunt for bikers and was comfortably grotty.

No, but I have very fond memories of the chip butties in the Yorkshiremans on Saturday lunchtimes!

Does anyone remembeer the Museum pub that was another haunt for bikers and was comfortably grotty. [/b]

Yes for sure. Great place......sadly missed and was one of my fave bars right up until The end in 1987 when orchard Square arrived.

Although it may have closed in 1986....not sure now.

The Museum was an interesting old place, the guys toilets were outside in the back yard so if it was raining you'd get wet on your trips to the loo. Also the place was always dead on a sunday, however on one occasion when the police raided it on a sunday they managed to arrest about twenty people for possession, why do I suspect that something was going on that day? The gas fire in the long back room always hung at an angle which didn't look very safe but it was still in use.

Another haunt of my youth was the Cambridge on Cambridge street, we used to go there to play pool and it's were I saw a very attractive girl in a pair of fawn cavalier boots who I liked from the onset, anyone from the Cambridge should remember her.

...the Cambridge on Cambridge street, we used to go there to play pool and it's were I saw a very attractive girl in a pair of fawn cavalier boots who I liked from the onset, anyone from the Cambridge should remember her.

Is there a theme developing here, Wallbuilder? Should that be the start of a new thread? Or perhaps not, I may have too much to say!