Lack of response from Julie Dore

You can just attend a Full Council Meeting in good time and advise the Clerk that you wish to ask a question:

http://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=154

They do suggest that you may wish to advise them of your question in advance if you wish to receive a more comprehensive reply.

Exactly. Thanks for the link cgk.

I don't know why you're singling out Julie Dore, the entire Sheffield Council is useless. And will probably continue to be so unless we vote in a decent, oppositional, and go-getting person as Mayor who will stir things up...

But what's the betting we get another useless ex Labour Councillor in the job.

You have been warned...

The reason why I am singling out Julie Dore is that as leader of the council she is ultimately accountable. The fact is that I received an email from the MP's office 2 days after my query. Now just imagine how many queries she gets per day and compare her office with the office of the leader of the council in terms of people who work for her.

The reason why I am singling out Julie Dore is that as leader of the council she is ultimately accountable. The fact is that I received an email from the MP's office 2 days after my query. Now just imagine how many queries she gets per day and compare her office with the office of the leader of the council in terms of people who work for her.

Could have been lucky, or asked an easy question that had a standard reply. The higher up you email, the more standard presaved messages they'll have (at a guess)

-

If I was an MP (or councillor) and got 1000 emails a day, I'd never get anything done! Would you, if you had to respond to them all every day?

She probably doesn't get anything like 1000 per day, but even so,

If on my own dealing with these, I'd probably skim read them and place them in perhaps 5 folders. Ranging from 1. pretty immediate response required - 5. Some moron ranting.

Anything 3 or below would probably end up with a 'standard response' with a varying degree of editing in or out.

Try your local Councillor, I mailed mine two years ago and she was brilliant in sorting out a problem for me. I don't know if you did but you ought to have sent the same letter to your local Councillor, Julie Dore and your MP and made sure you put CC at the bottom making sure all parties know who you have mailed. I am not saying it would work but at least they all know who you have contacted about your complaint.

I also wish more Sheffield people would attend council meetings and take the council to task

Not an easy thing to tackle. Many social scientists argue that as you increase cultural diversity within our communities there is a corresponding decrease in civic engagement and interaction. Many prominent social scientists like Robert Putnum of Harvard University have studied this interplay for years.

just my opinion but I don't have much trust in any of the partys that's in charge , MPs most of em seem to have pay rises for not doing much , and local councillors seem to just do or promote what they are told to do:|:(

just my opinion but I don't have much trust in any of the partys that's in charge , MPs most of em seem to have pay rises for not doing much , and local councillors seem to just do or promote what they are told to do:|:(

Unfortunately, that's pretty much my opinion too.

It's high time Julie Dore resigned, but if she hasn't the inclination, it's time we kicked her and rest of her cronies out.

Sheffield could be so much better with a better council, this lot are not fit for purpose, and cannot be trusted or relied on to make good decisions for the future of this city. The way she behaves in council meetings is quite shocking.

local councillors seem to just do or promote what they are told to do:|:(

You mean like puppets on strings?

It's high time Julie Dore resigned, but if she hasn't the inclination, it's time we kicked her and rest of her cronies out.

And how do you propose doing that if you live in High Peak?

The way she behaves in council meetings is quite shocking.

Do you have any examples, please?

---------- Post added 23-04-2017 at 20:43 ----------

You can just attend a Full Council Meeting in good time and advise the Clerk that you wish to ask a question:

http://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=154

They do suggest that you may wish to advise them of your question in advance if you wish to receive a more comprehensive reply.

Thank you for that.

I think Julie Dore will be finished at the next local elections, she's in it for herself not for the people who vote for her.