EE BB increase in January

Just got a letter from EE saying my BB is going up by £2.25pm from 17th January. That will make it £24.50 for my BB that has a speed of 1.5mbps, plus evening and weekend calls. Looks like it is the push I needed to go to fibre, they offering that for £25pm for 18 months. Would like to know how they can get away with 10% price increase just like BT.

Edited by iansheff

Just got a letter from EE saying my BB is going up by £2.25pm from 17th January. Would like to know how they can get away with 10% price increase just like BT.

Would it be too cynical to suggest the answer is just because BT can, and have?

They can do what they want, you're free to leave.

Price changes 'should' be set for those under contract, that is if they rise too much you are free to leave.

They can do what they want, you're free to leave.

Price changes 'should' be set for those under contract, that is if they rise too much you are free to leave.

Totally agree, when you take out a new contract then it should stay that price for the contract, think there is only Talk Talk that do that.

Just signed my parents and me up for this https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/deals

Like you, their BB was 1.5mbps so made any catchup services hopeless, my dads never off youtube now.

Weird thing is I can watch Youtube most of the time, occasionally it does stop but when I have tried BBC iplayer it doesn't work.

I forgot EE was owned by BT. If between them say they have 10m customers thats well over £20m pound a month extra they are making, not counting the call charges they are raising, nice little earner.

YouTube is pretty good at scaling video to match the connection speed, if the speed is slow it can really knock it down low to keep it playing.

iplayer doesn't have that flexibility, I think it's just HD or SD and if you can't manage either of those you're stuffed.

YouTube is pretty good at scaling video to match the connection speed, if the speed is slow it can really knock it down low to keep it playing.

iplayer doesn't have that flexibility, I think it's just HD or SD and if you can't manage either of those you're stuffed.

Oh right, well I think it is time for fibre just which to decide on.

Just signed my parents and me up for this https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/deals

Like you, their BB was 1.5mbps so made any catchup services hopeless, my dads never off youtube now.

Please report back on how this goes as I was going to but after reading the Vodafone forum was very put off. Lots of unhappy people complaining about dropouts and loss of service and also the fact they wont let you use anything but their own router.

1.5mbps is the new dialup!

Please report back on how this goes as I was going to but after reading the Vodafone forum was very put off. Lots of unhappy people complaining about dropouts and loss of service and also the fact they wont let you use anything but their own router.

Looking on Moneysupermarket comparison there are some very good deals at the moment, all are 18 month contracts.

Vodafone £20pm

TalkTalk £25 inc anytime calls

Sky £25

Plusnet £26.99 inc Evening and Weekend UK and Mobile Calls (think caller display is extra £1 pm or was when I enquired a few weeks ago)

BT or Sky might do some deals on Black Friday, so might be worth waiting a few days??