CCTV recommendations and advice - No advertising/jobs/quotes

Yes.....next to nothing ....probably .

First decent physical security , locks, gate make sure you lock them

Second. Alarm system , set it

Third cctv. Ok as a confirmation to the above

Thanks mate.

had some guy fit me 5 cameras, all seem ok, until we had an incident and the playback was terrible. so spoke with hikvision support (who viewed camera remotely) and explained that the connecters to 3 of the cameras where not connected correctly.

does anyone know anyone that can come out and repair these connecters to cameras. tried calling the guy that fitted these but mobile switch off.

cheers peeps

had some guy fit me 5 cameras, all seem ok, until we had an incident and the playback was terrible. so spoke with hikvision support (who viewed camera remotely) and explained that the connecters to 3 of the cameras where not connected correctly.

does anyone know anyone that can come out and repair these connecters to cameras. tried calling the guy that fitted these but mobile switch off.

cheers peeps

Hi It’s sounds like the BNC connectors are not made of correctly which would give you a grainy distorted picture .where a bouts are you

Hi It’s sounds like the BNC connectors are not made of correctly which would give you a grainy distorted picture .where a bouts are you

Hi mate. ive managed to get someone to sort it. cheers

hi , can anyone recommend a cctv installer for a domestic property , had a few quotes and a bit confused by it all ,

cheers gary .

Does anyone have cctv installed? If so how much does it cost to run? Is it a good deterrent for burglars?

2 x cameras (1x 720p, 1x 1080p) + 1 IR floodlight

I use my own CCTV server (a old windows PC) so it only costs me the electricity.

---------- Post added 22-02-2018 at 10:04 ----------

Hi,

Does anyone have a contact number for a CCTV engineer please. I've got one of those cameras that you can access via your mobile phone. It has, however, decided to play up just giving me a blank screen showing only time and date. No robbers etc. :roll: Any help would be appreciated. Based in Millhouses.

Cheers

Oliver

An IP camera that plugs into the internet or WiFi?

Could be that the ports aren't open on your router to be able to access the feed?

Can you get to it from a computer?

I'm looking for a recommendation for getting my home CCTV recorder repaired. I would also be pleased to know of any companies NOT to go to, hope someone can help, thank you.

I'm looking for a recommendation for getting my home CCTV recorder repaired. I would also be pleased to know of any companies NOT to go to, hope someone can help, thank you.

Try Nova electronics

700-702 Attercliffe Rd, Sheffield S9 3RP

They repair most electronic stuff.

Dont try Greggs. They just sell high fat low quality food and DO NOT repair electronics.

Most problems will be ...A ...power supply normally a 3-5 amp 12v psu ....or

B .... harddrive ( normally cheap non cctv rated units )

What cctv make and model is it ?

Try Nova electronics

700-702 Attercliffe Rd, Sheffield S9 3RP

They repair most electronic stuff.

Dont try Greggs. They just sell high fat low quality food and DO NOT repair electronics.

Can also recommend Nova. Great guys and friendly too. :)

What make is the unit?

Thanks to all of you, it is a Swann Model SRNVR-87300H Power Supply 48v. We took it to Real Electronics on Leeds Road, they charged me £35, they fitted a new "Sater LED" and reformatted the drive but it still failed :(