Where can I park??

Try the railway station at Meadowhall, I have left my car there over the weekend with no problem

You have to get there before 7am to get a space.

Whereabouts in Rotherham are you? Have you considered using the A629 to come across through Chapeltown and parking on one of the on street spaces all along the route through Hillsborough/ Lower Walkley/ Langsett Estate/ Upperthorpe? Blue and yellow trams every couple of minutes in the morning.

As long as you're careful to avoid the clearway restrictions along Langsett Road there are lots of uncontrolled parking spaces in the side roads near stops.

When I mention the clearway restrictions I mean that the clearway extends from Langsett Road itself up the first 10/15m up each side road, and anybody leaving a vehicle on that space is likely to get a ticket within a few minutes, but outside of that area on each road (and Langsett Road itself) and some very specific residents' parking schemes there's still lots of parking that's open during the days.

"-Nunnery Square- can't pay for parking separately and i've already bought my tram ticket"

Yes you can. £2.50 a day from the machine, just select parking only from the options.

Card ticket with barcode on it.

Machine will keep day tickets when you exit at the barrier.

I doubt they'll open without parking eye surveying the car park. Why would they? Ikea car parks are a big enough pain in the arse without freeloaders filling up spaces every day.

IKEA have said they won't be stopping tram passengers park there - it's a big car park and hey they may even pop into the store or cafe now and again - but it's not being advertised just in case Its busier in the daytime than they expected and they change their mind!

I doubt they'll open without parking eye surveying the car park. Why would they? Ikea car parks are a big enough pain in the arse without freeloaders filling up spaces every day.

"All IKEA stores have free parking* which include Disabled and Parent & Baby parking bays...equipped with electric car chargers ...

*Free parking subject to a minimum spend at IKEA Southampton and IKEA Coventry(which are in their city centres)."

There is no indication parking costs - yet. Since they do not open until 10:00 (09:30 café) should be plenty of parking

Can't you get to Sheffield from Rotherham on public transport all the way and just leave the car at home?

The X78 bus goes from Rotherham bus station to Pond street bus station and they run regularly.

could anybody confirm this please ?

I’ve seen the odd dodgy-looking car get clamped at Meadowhall Shopping Centre, but didn’t know it went any further than that.

Clamping re parking enforcement is now illegal. There is aprking policy at Meadowhall: http://i65.tinypic.com/295pc2h.jpg

Try the Attercliffe tram stop at junction of shirland lane and shortbridge street,there is plenty of on street parking.

its awful for parking there and ive heard they may be looking to regulate on street parking due to the issues there id park near the old don valley stop and catch the tram from there or the woodbourn road area