New Jersey Turnpike

A track (Bohemium Rhapsody) from the NJT album was was played at Roger Harrisons funeral.

I think that when they released the title song (as Quinceharmon) for On the Buses seriously hit there credibility of reaching the top.

Just done a bit of checking on this. It's available on You Tube

The credits say sung by Quinceharmon

music by Geoff Unwin

Lyrics by Roger Ferris.

Group [New Jersey Turnpike].

Ref post 5: I also have the elpee somewhere in my collection of 40 odd thousand [bleedin' showoff]. I think it is also signed, and I goddit in a job lot some years ago. I've never played it, and it's for sale.

Ref post 2: If it's true they were formerly known as Wolves, then I will have seen [and heard] them play. It was at the Arbourthorne Hotel in the early 70's. They did a fantastic version of Uriah Heep's Gypsy...She was only seventeen.

When I worked at Johnson Electrics in the early 70's they were regular customers. Saw them a few times at the Mucky Duck and thought they were one of the best club bands on the circuit - there was nothing they couldn't have a go at.

The guitarist Ross was a great guy - Years later at a party I was messing about on a piano and he was there and came up and sung a few songs, said he wished he had his guitar - I don't think this Les Dawson impersonator ever had such a great compliment!

Great live band but recording covers like

did them no favours. Ross Grant was a good solo act too, I saw him a few times.

On 3/24/2009 at 8:34 AM, Asaw said:

followed tham about the sheffield club scene as NJT.Quinceharman and Wolves, Brilliant band.

Anyone still got NJT album

Hi Asaw. I have an original New Jersey Turnpike Album on 33 LP. I just digitised it and am putting it out on my podcast stream Urban Tiger Radio (Soundcloud.com or iTunes podcasts) in the next week or two.