Did anyone go to Grimesthorpe Junior School ?

I was at the school 1955 to 59, I remember in our class were Alan West, Philip Ward, Roger Helliwell, Harry Briggs, Kelvin Holland, and the girls, Pat Mason, Margaret Hutchinson, Ann Davis, any many more, along time ago, happy days.

Hi southweller

I remember your names. I was in a class with kenneth barraclough and john dyson, amongst others. I shared a desk with jennifer hall. We were split up because we talked too much and were always messing about. Didn't work because we caused mayhem shouting across the room to each other. We are still friends to this day!

DianeC

I went to Grimesthorpe junior , i remember having a teacher called Mr Platts who was From South Africa , he used to read to us before we went home , also Mr Eyre .Then Owler lane that later became Earl Marshall and had teachers,

Miss Shillito , Mrs Greenfield , Mr Flemming and others , We had a French teacher i think she was called Mrs Clarke , i remember sshe wore big bloomers :hihi:

I left in 71 i think :huh:

On 12/07/2006 at 21:54, walt said:

Grimesthorpe Junior 4a in 1960/61

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/Rawson21/j4a.jpg

Back row: Laurence Briggs, Michael Gomersall, Peter Stubbs, Stephen Taffinder, Frank Shaw, Keith Johnson, Philip Turner, Stephen Crowther, Stuart Burnham, Roger Fowler, Mr.Charlesworth

Second Row: Paul Slack, Mick Barrett, Linda Challinor, Heather Bailey, Pamela Needham, Susan Kay, Joan Holland, Beryl Gent, ?, Craig Barson

Third Row: Pat Hodgson, Susan Baines, Janice Butler, Mary Glaves, Sandra Dawson, Susan Allott, Susan Hinchcliffe, Margaret Dewick, Ann Cooper, Susan Boardman

Front row: Dave Rawson, Dave Kitson, Mick Rawson, John Holbrook, Stephen Claypole

Hi there, I've just stumbled on this site, found the photo and recognised everybody, but as with time the names had become a little vague, one thing I do seem to remember is that Craigs second name was Barstow, he used to live on either Popple Street or Robey Street I think, I lived on Earl Marshall , great memories from a great time

Edited by keith.jessem@ta
to punctuate it better

Mr Boreham was like a gestapo nazi and miss Jackson was evil god help any pupil that called her Mrs Jackson 😢