Grand Designs - Oughtibridge.

On Saturday I happened to be wandering up Church St in Oughtibridge and noticed a massive 3-4 story steel frame building going up behind The Mill, next to the Surgery. Does anyone know what it is going to be?

I looked on the planning site and all it has in the planning info is information about wheel cleaning and dust control.

I got talking to the people doing the project, nice folk. They are building two family homes next door to each other for themselves to live in. Two story on stilts to be level with pond which is part of their land. They have spent a year clearing and bringing the neglected pond back to life, great for the wildlife.

Is the mill race still intact? An ideal source of green electricity

The mill race is long destroyed, but they are gong to use the energy from the pond to heat the homes.... via a water source heat recovery system (same as ground source). They also mentioned recreating the race at a later date with the introduction of a micro water turbine....so heat and electricity.

I got talking to the people doing the project, nice folk. They are building two family homes next door to each other for themselves to live in. Two story on stilts to be level with pond which is part of their land. They have spent a year clearing and bringing the neglected pond back to life, great for the wildlife.

This needs a 'like' button - great news!

Had a look at the mill pond when local artist Mo Laycock had an open gallery day and, even when it was still neglected, amazing to see kingfishers and other wildlife.

Kevin McCloud is a regular visitor to this build too.

i have heard they are doing a grand designs programe on the build

Anyone know the location ?

The design looks great, can't wait to see the end result but wracking my brains to try and spot the plot !!!