Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

The Charlie Street I knew will be 57 this year, but I didn't know his brother.

does anyone remember the busy room that was run by a teacher call Mrs Catelle?

I went to Pye Bank very briefly for 2 weeks in 1971 ish, while iwas there i spent alot of time down in the busy room and went on a trip to the countryside :)

Was that the play ground at the side of the railway near the firey jack tunnel.

Yes, although the play ground was actualy on Oborne St. wich runs off Marcus St.

When I started Pye bank infants about 1954, I remember some of my classmates were called Charlie Street, Ken Savage, Ronnie Taylor, Maxwell Richardson, (timid kind of lad with blond hair and glasses) Geoffery Burke, Peter Campbell (we were best mates for years until his death in 1993, god bless him) Frankie Lemmons (another one gone some years back) Paul Bradley (I have heard he has passed away some time ago but don't know for sure) Philip Biggins, Jennifer Russel, Jannet Woodward , Vicky Udall and I seem to remember a couple of Elaine's but not sure, time play's trick's on the grey matter. Just remembered a red haired girl Called Vallarie Roxborough? no doubt more names will come flooding back the moment I shut down. would love to know what has happend to them all.

vicky udall name rings a bell does anyone remember kath and charlie belk who in the fifties lived i think on the same road as vicky and had a son called steven and a daughter called susan

When I started Pye bank infants about 1954, I remember some of my classmates were called Charlie Street, Ken Savage, Ronnie Taylor, Maxwell Richardson, (timid kind of lad with blond hair and glasses) Geoffery Burke, Peter Campbell (we were best mates for years until his death in 1993, god bless him) Frankie Lemmons (another one gone some years back) Paul Bradley (I have heard he has passed away some time ago but don't know for sure) Philip Biggins, Jennifer Russel, Jannet Woodward , Vicky Udall and I seem to remember a couple of Elaine's but not sure, time play's trick's on the grey matter. Just remembered a red haired girl Called Vallarie Roxborough? no doubt more names will come flooding back the moment I shut down. would love to know what has happend to them all.

A couple more names, Roy Gregory, Dennis Longley, Richard Pascoe, Clifford Buck, Alan Kelsey, George Littlewood. (it's all fading again)

Charlie would be about 57 years old now, I know he had a younger brother who lost a leg, late 50's early 60's. I can't recall his name, or the circumstances, for the loss of his leg. If I recall correctly they lived on Neville St. untill the area was redeveloped.

Whre about s and which era did you live in pitsmoor?

Whre about s and which era did you live in pitsmoor?

I lived on Champs Hill. (Brunswick Rd.) untill I was about Sixteen, then Pye Bank Rd. for about Five years.

Frankie Lemmons, derek Longley and George Littlewood I know to.

There now in there early 50s although George may be older and Frankie lemmons is no longer around, they used to live opposite me.

Frankie was a decent bloke.

I lived on Champs Hill. (Brunswick Rd.) untill I was about Sixteen, then Pye Bank Rd. for about Five years.

Hi,

Which side of Champs Hill did you live on? There was a lad in my class at school lived on the same side as Whitby and Chandlers. His name was Alan Murdouch (?) This would be in the late 1940's, early 50's.

On the other side of the street (what used to be called the Mill Houses) was a family called Page. My mother used to know Mrs. Page. Can't remember the names of any of the other families - used to know them all at one time.

Regards

I also knew Frankie Lemmons and yes he was a good bloke. We used to play footie on the rec. Very sad when I heard he'd left us.

There now in there early 50s although George may be older and Frankie lemmons is no longer around, they used to live opposite me.

Frankie Lemmons passed away some years back, Derek Longley is Dennis's younger brother, George Littlewood & Dennis Longley are in there LATE 50's and so would Frankie Lemmons be if he was still with us, god bless him.