Burglars won't leave us alone

They've knocked on our door 5 times since August pretending to be milkmen, council guys etc .

They normally call when I'm not in but other family members are.

The cops won't do anything.

Our house is not secured. No alarms, weak doors. What should I do?

Its a pity Adam West is not still around he would have been the answer to your problem, remember he had a Joker, a Riddler and a flippin Penguine ect to sort out. :hihi:

A man once got sued because someone slipped over on the snow he'd cleared and was then bitten by his dog. I've heard that he'd have got away with it if it wasn't for the absence of a "Beware of the cleared snow" sign.

That sounds like a tall tale, anything to prove it actually happened??

I've said this before, anyone who thinks they are ten men regarding confronting burglars should realise that anyone who has the town halls to break into a house risking a possible violent confrontation is likely to oblige, they are not all little unfit pale faced smack heads.

Vast majority are.

Professional burglars are almost always after the keys to your car, as the vast majority of stuff in peoples homes isn't actually worth very much (and isn't easy to sell)

Those that break in to steal old laptops and spare change are just looking for their next fix.

Old people get targeted as they are known to keep large sums of money and expensive jewellery laying around the house.

That sounds like a tall tale, anything to prove it actually happened??

Vast majority are.

Professional burglars are almost always after the keys to your car, as the vast majority of stuff in peoples homes isn't actually worth very much (and isn't easy to sell)

Those that break in to steal old laptops and spare change are just looking for their next fix.

Old people get targeted as they are known to keep large sums of money and expensive jewellery laying around the house.

I hope you dont think all smack heads are a walk over.

Now then, one of my buddies was burgled so he did indeed acquire a baseball bat (bigger and heavier than a rounders bat). Not content with that he stuck a good few nuts and bolts through it. He sat up for a week waiting for the burglers to return. They did not. Probably a good job for him to be honest.

Angel1.

Defiantly a good job for them you mean . It would have been the last time they tried to rob anyone.

I hope you dont think all smack heads are a walk over.

Only the ones laying down :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Defiantly a good job for them you mean . It would have been the last time they tried to rob anyone.

Aye, but whacking someone with a baseball bat full of nuts and bolts may have got him time in the big house.

Angel1.

Aye, but whacking someone with a baseball bat full of nuts and bolts may have got him time in the big house.

Angel1.

Maybe, but also satisfaction that he had handed out justice.

Yes physically fine thank you, it does have a psychological impact though, I'd never really even thought about being burgled never mind worried about it. Now I think about it all the time, I have actually done all the things I advised the op to do other than the sharks with lasers of course :hihi:

Do you think its worth hiding laptops, pcs and valuables in the loft whenever I leave the house?

Irrelevant , the intention is there

Before trying to read minds, try reading something more advanced than the Daily Star

Do you think its worth hiding laptops, pcs and valuables in the loft whenever I leave the house?

if or when it come's to that, i would consider moving to a different district, "if you can"

if or when it come's to that, i would consider moving to a different district, "if you can"

Yes, definitely thinking about that. I don't feel safe here anymore.