So, smoking e-cigarettes is 95% less harmful than regular cigs!

It was hard to quit. After 16 years. One of my favourite achievements.

I recommend it.

Quitting must be easy after all I've known people do it 5 or 6 times....

My fella stopped smoking in June 2013 by using ecigs. In July 2013 he fell very ill. Shortly after he was diagnosed with severe Crohns disease. Two weeks in hospital and some very intense treatment saved his bowel (for now anyway)

He says it's more likely that stopping smoking provoked the disease. I'm more convinced that inhaling unlicensed liquids would have caused it. I guess we'll never know. The only thing we can be certain of is that within 6 weeks of introducing vaping to his body, He was seriously ill with a life changing illness.

Ecigs are not without risk, It could be decades before we know the true cost to our health!!

Anyone know why dip is illegal in the UK despite being much less harmful than regular fags?

Anyone know why dip is illegal in the UK despite being much less harmful than regular fags?

I thought that dip was a bit like chewing tobacco and a big cause of gum, mouth and throat cancer?

I thought that dip was a bit like chewing tobacco and a big cause of gum, mouth and throat cancer?

It is and it is, but it's still a lot less harmful than cigarettes are.

My fella stopped smoking in June 2013 by using ecigs. In July 2013 he fell very ill. Shortly after he was diagnosed with severe Crohns disease. Two weeks in hospital and some very intense treatment saved his bowel (for now anyway)

He says it's more likely that stopping smoking provoked the disease. I'm more convinced that inhaling unlicensed liquids would have caused it. I guess we'll never know. The only thing we can be certain of is that within 6 weeks of introducing vaping to his body, He was seriously ill with a life changing illness.

Ecigs are not without risk, It could be decades before we know the true cost to our health!!

Most likely it's just a coincidence.

---------- Post added 22-08-2015 at 12:41 ----------

perhaps, its not important :confused:

Or perhaps you didn't quit 16 years ago? :suspect:

What did the doctor say about it?

I'm more convinced that inhaling unlicensed liquids would have caused it. I guess we'll never know. The only thing we can be certain of is that within 6 weeks of introducing vaping to his body, He was seriously ill with a life changing illness.

What these ecigs contain will be very variable, just like smoking weed used to be almost harmless in low volumes, these days there are much stronger varieties.

Ecigs might be relatively safe today, but who knows what they will contain in the future?

What is known is that his cigarette smoking will have doubled his risk of developing Crohn's Disease.

There is anecdotal evidence that continued smoking may mask the symptoms of Crohn's, and stopping smoking allows the symptoms to be felt, treatment sought and the disease diagnosed.

Currently, there is no evidence to support ecigs as a causal factor (not to say that they aren't) but the first scenario is more likely.

He is better off having stopped smoking.

He is even more better off that his Crohn's has been diagnosed and treated.

Best wishes for his continued recovery.

Does he continue to vape?

I'm sticking with my cigarettes as I like them and had no interest in these E-ciggs.

If I get lung cancer then so be it, **** happens but at least I'll know I've enjoyed my life.

I'm sticking with my cigarettes as I like them and had no interest in these E-ciggs.

If I get lung cancer then so be it, **** happens but at least I'll know I've enjoyed my life.

well I hate the smell of tobacco. . . But I find that some e-cigs / vapes smell ok.

I still wouldn't smoke either though ( I'm an intolerant and humourless anti-smoker, if you hadn't guessed)

well I hate the smell of tobacco. . . But I find that some e-cigs / vapes smell ok.

I still wouldn't smoke either though ( I'm an intolerant and humourless anti-smoker, if you hadn't guessed)

There are occasions when I do smoke in public places but this is rare. Sorry if my smoke has ever wafted into your face - I know it's not pleasant to non-smokers:rolleyes:

I'm not persuaded to switch to E-ciggs though. I just like my traditional cigarettes.