Sarah Champion MP to leave Shadow Cabinet

The first sensible thing she has ever said and she gets the sack

it shows that you still cant tell the truth (without consiquensus) about some asians breaking the law?

Nobody should be afraid to tell the truth. I've got a lot of respect for Champion and what she said was correct

Nigel Farage agrees.

BBC reports him as writing on Twitter, "Telling the truth about tough issues is now impossible in the modern Labour Party. Pathetic."

---------- Post added 17-08-2017 at 17:07 ----------

"In the article she said Britain has a problem with British-Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls, maybe she should have said issue instead of problem, when it becomes a problem I don't know.................

"Issue"/"problem"- the words largely mean the same, except that "issue" is a more trendy version. But there certainly is a problem. There seem to be many such groups throughout the UK, convicted in properly-conducted criminal trials with guilt established beyond reasonable doubt.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

How was it revealed to you, and by who? In his response to her resignation letter, Jeremy Corbyn said he looks forward to working with her again soon.

I think that's what's known as weasel words.

my bold=

Talk about stereotyping all British Pakistanis!

Maybe the word Some should have been used...

Should she have prefaced it with "in my opinion" as well?

It's fairly obvious what she meant but now her point has been lost entirely because of pendants like you.

So yet again the cultural problems are swept aside and gangs again get a little more leeway to carry on doing this.

Get a grip.

*edit. I do actually agree with you point. And her using the Sun# to put her message across was Ill advised. Nevertheless burying her like this is problematic.

#Really it's up to the broadsheets to take this up anyhow and not leave the door open for implications of racism which are inevitable when using the Sun.

Edited by Jonny5

my bold=

Maybe the word Some should have been used...

I know it's a sensitive subject but I have to disagree. The word 'some' was not necessary. Its absence does not imply 'all'.

my bold=

Maybe the word Some should have been used...[/QUOTe

True, she admits she used a poor choice of words. Although I don't believe this was a generalised belief of Sarahs and so wouldn't in my view point towards a stereotype.

I agree.

I think whilst politicians should used their words carefully, I'm 99.9% certain that Sarah has no racist intent.

Meanwhile, less than a week ago, the former Director of Public Prosecutions, Lord MacDonald

told BBC Radio Four's Today programme there was “a major problem in particular communities” of men viewing young white girls as “trash regarded as available for sex”.

The court heard that the gang operating in Newcastle had no respect for their victims and selected them as “easy targets”.*

One member, Badrul Hussain, had claimed “white women are only good for one thing” during a rant at a female ticket inspector who found him travelling on public transport without a ticket in 2014. Hussain said “All white women are only good for one thing,” he shouted. “For men like me to f*** and use like trash. That’s all women like you are worth.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grooming-gang-newcastle-asian-pakistani-bangladeshi-muslim-response-faith-leaders-operation-shelter-a7888946.html

So while Sarah Champion is being denounced for not qualifying a sentence she wrote with the word some, vulnerable children are being raped & tortured, with racist intent, on an industrial level.

Should she have prefaced it with "in my opinion" as well?

It's fairly obvious what she meant but now her point has been lost entirely because of pendants like you.

So yet again the cultural problems are swept aside and gangs again get a little more leeway to carry on doing this.

Get a grip.

*edit. I do actually agree with you point. And her using the Sun# to put her message across was Ill advised. Nevertheless burying her like this is problematic.

#Really it's up to the broadsheets to take this up anyhow and not leave the door open for implications of racism which are inevitable when using the Sun.

I'm not a pedant it's these kinds of headlines that give the right wing element in society an excuse to tar all us Pakistanis as peadophiles which I object to so you get a bloody grip ok.

No one is saying sweep it under the carpet an there wasn't any point made to get lost apart from some mp wanting to make a name for herself who ended up blaming an entire community. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 18-08-2017 at 00:56 ----------

I agree.

I think whilst politicians should used their words carefully, I'm 99.9% certain that Sarah has no racist intent.

Meanwhile, less than a week ago, the former Director of Public Prosecutions, Lord MacDonald

told BBC Radio Four's Today programme there was “a major problem in particular communities” of men viewing young white girls as “trash regarded as available for sex”.

The court heard that the gang operating in Newcastle had no respect for their victims and selected them as “easy targets”.*

One member, Badrul Hussain, had claimed “white women are only good for one thing” during a rant at a female ticket inspector who found him travelling on public transport without a ticket in 2014. Hussain said “All white women are only good for one thing,” he shouted. “For men like me to f*** and use like trash. That’s all women like you are worth.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grooming-gang-newcastle-asian-pakistani-bangladeshi-muslim-response-faith-leaders-operation-shelter-a7888946.html

So while Sarah Champion is being denounced for not qualifying a sentence she wrote with the word some, vulnerable children are being raped & tortured, with racist intent, on an industrial level.

Barrel Hussain does not represent the Pakistani Muslim community so why are you using him as an example that this grooming is a racist thing?

Sarah champion blamed an entire community for the grooming which is why she resigned...

Thought you was more clued up but you are just another sheep going along with the latest assumtion that it's due to racism when in fact it's down to a group of hard up ******s looking for sexual thrills who come from a conservative no sex before marriage culture.

---------- Post added 18-08-2017 at 00:59 ----------

Some of you should read what Corbyn says about why he accepted her resignation= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40959387

Edited by mafya

Badrul Hussain may not represent the Pakistani Muslim community, but his attitude isn't unique within it. It was because people like Sarah Champion were not allowed to speak out that the grooming and abuse in Rotherham went on for so long. People in power trying not to appear racist got it wrong.

In Newcastle, the perpetrators certainly weren't all Pakistani, but they were almost all Muslim. As Mafya says, its the religious culture rather than the nationality that is the common element in these grooming gangs. There are Muslims who are prepared to speak out about it, just not enough of them yet.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/muslim-leader-from-leeds-urges-action-against-evil-grooming-gangs-1-8696921

I believe Sarah Champion's meaning was pretty clear, but she's been scapegoated.

I believe Sarah Champion's meaning was pretty clear, but she's been scapegoated.

I agree, I also think these monsters should be called 'underage rape gangs' men who prey on underage girls, and as Mister M says its now turned into an industry.

“In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell.

Oh and by the way Mafya that is not my quote :roll:

Edited by crazybaby

I agree, I also think these monsters should be called 'underage rape gangs' men who prey on underage girls, and as Mister M says its now turned into an industry.

“In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell.

Oh and by the way Mafya that is not my quote :roll:

Love your G Orwell quote. Wonder what he would think of political correctness if he was still alive?

certain elements(not all) of the muslim culture encourage the down treading and control of women and so this perpetrates through to the mainstream and the youth and this does involve a large preportion of pakistani males and this is borne out by the number of convictions which are predominately pakistani.

Some of you should read what Corbyn says about why he accepted her resignation= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40959387

It's all very well saying deal with the crime for what it is. That's what's happened in Newcastle. But we need to look at why this keeps happening over and over again. Then see what can be done to re-educate these boys at an earlier age. Surely thats what we all want isnt it?

It is very regrettable that Champion missed out a word as she and this have now been thrown under the bus.

And young girls will continue to be groomed.

Edited by Jonny5