Sarah Champion MP to leave Shadow Cabinet

Im no Labour fan , but she spoke the truth and was 100% spot on in the words she choose.

I agree with you.

How was it revealed to you, and by who? In his response to her resignation letter, Jeremy Corbyn said he looks forward to working with her again soon.

This was stated by more than the guardian, and alot of MPs are still saying it, come on Mister M keep up, and in case you missed it i did ad this, (allegedly)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/17/sajid-javid-says-jeremy-corbyn-wrong-to-sack-sarah-champion

Edited by kidley

I agree with you.

I believe that her one mistake was by citing Pakistanis rather than Asian.Bangladeshis were also involved.

I heard someone else on the radio saying that Muslims were not the problem,but then asking what the Mosques were doing to eradicate the issues.

That's like asking vicars to sort out Protestant offenders.

I believe that her one mistake was by citing Pakistanis rather than Asian.Bangladeshis were also involved.

I heard someone else on the radio saying that Muslims were not the problem,but then asking what the Mosques were doing to eradicate the issues.

That's like asking vicars to sort out Protestant offenders.

Why was it a mistake they are/were predominately Pakistanis that are to blame for these crimes.

Why was it a mistake they are/were predominately Pakistanis that are to blame for these crimes.

Obvious mistake to me,but if you don't see it ,fair enough.

It always helps to be factual when you are making an argument.

Edited by RJRB

Obvious mistake to me,but if you don't see it ,fair enough.

It always helps to be factual when you are making an argument.

I take your point, but if you dont say it as it is it dont mean anything.

If Corbyn did sack her for speaking out, as Javid claims, then I would not vote for Labour while he was leader.

If Corbyn did sack her for speaking out, as Javid claims, then I would not vote for Labour while he was leader.

"Sarah Champion was sacked by Jeremy Corbyn over Sun article on sexual exploitation of white girls"

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/home-affairs/policing/news/88302/sarah-champion-was-sacked-jeremy-corbyn-over-sun-article

Ms Champion officially resigned as shadow equalities minister yesterday following intense criticism over her comments, which she made in an article for The Sun.

But it has emerged that Mr Corbyn asked her to quit the Shadow Cabinet-level post - effectively sacking her from the role

In the article she said Britain has a problem with British-Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls, maybe she should have said issue instead of problem, when it becomes a problem I don't know.................

Edited by crazybaby
link to source

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/home-affairs/policing/news/88302/sarah-champion-was-sacked-jeremy-corbyn-over-sun-article

In the article she said Britain has a problem with British-Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls, maybe she should have said issue instead of problem, when it becomes a problem I don't know.................

my bold=

Talk about stereotyping all British Pakistanis!

Maybe the word Some should have been used...

my bold=

I agree that the word some should have been used. However, it should be self evident to everybody that not all British Pakistani men commit these hideous crimes.

Okay Sarah Champion has resigned her shadow front bench role because she didn't qualify the word 'some' in her sentence. However those on the front line of child & vulnerable adult protection services (police, social workers, council officials) who turned a blind eye to the appalling abuse of children and who did nothing are still in their jobs!

Add to that, it has been reported that the scandal of these grooming gangs are still continuing. It seems that the lessons of the Jay Report have been forgotten so soon after it was published.

my bold=

Maybe the word Some should have been used...[/QUOTe

True, she admits she used a poor choice of words. Although I don't believe this was a generalised belief of Sarahs and so wouldn't in my view point towards a stereotype.

Edited by crazybaby

my bold=

She also said in the report that, the biggest perpetrators of this crime are white males

Talk about stereotyping all white males! Maybe the word Some should have been used.