Sakushi restaurant - your opinions...

I'm a big fan of Sushi and was excited to hear Sakushi was opening.

After going for lunch today, I will definitely be going back! As my main sushi restaurant to compare to is Yo Sushi, Sakushi definitely has a higher quality of food than I've experienced with Yo and I was pleased to find the prices lower and the interior better too.

The waiter was very friendly and helpful and is a credit to the restaurant, I didn't get his name but I think he was the only one waiting on customers today.

We just picked dishes off the conveyor belt and next time will try ordering some items off the menu. I'm not sure what we had, but it was all very nice and fresh. Although the prices are reasonable the quality is definitely above average, which is very important where raw fish is concerned!

I've only had small sushi dishes at Wasabisabi so couldn't really compare them fairly, but would say they both have high standards, although Sakushi definitely has the better location and also a nicer interior, with it being new and all.

It sounds good. I love Wasabisabi but it is a long way out of town, hopefully the city can manage to support both places, I'd hate to see one of them go out of bussiness.

Is there a website for the restaurant?

Yes, here!

There's a menu here and also here.

Went there last night, the food was fantastic and pretty authentic.

The bill came as a very nasty surprise though, you really need to keep track of how many plates you get because you don't get much on a plate and they soon add up.

Went there last night, the food was fantastic and pretty authentic.

The bill came as a very nasty surprise though, you really need to keep track of how many plates you get because you don't get much on a plate and they soon add up.

I know what you mean we were in last night, perhaps not a nasty surprise but probably more than I expected.

This place isn't really a Saturday night out sort of place more a quick snack.

our timing going in was a bit unfortunate, they were nearly empty then two or three parties followed us in, hence the offering on the conveyor was a bit sparce. What was there looked as if it had been circling for a while, a bit like a suitcase on the luggage belt at heathrow. When ever something new came out it was set upon. We ended up ordering our raw stuff directly from the Kitchen. Clue for next time sit at the conveyor next to the kitchen.

Having said that the food was excellent, and the staff gave just enough attention.

One strange thing, the chinese tea brought to the table in the little tea cups, which were then whisked away to refill. If we can't be trusted with a pot of our own, then someone should be circling with a pot, it was a bit odd having to grab the waiters attention for something so minor. I normally drink 5 or 6 cups after a chinese, this wasn't really possible.

My next visit will be at a lunch time. These sort of places, a bit like buffets, work best when they are full and the kitchen can turn out fresh food quickly.

All in all very good.

My first post and a very happy one. I also went last night and i thought the food was amazing and the service A***. I agree that the conveyorbelt could of been more full but i was told that they dont put items like sashimi out so it is fresh when served, which makes perfect sense to me. I also felt the atmosphere was really relaxed and i could of spent longer there. I agree that most of these places are best for a light lunch but this felt like an exception as the food was so good.

Price! very very resonable in my opinion i had around 8-10 plates (mainly nigiri) plus drinks and it was less than £30. I must of eaten the aquivelant of 4 courses so i cant complain. I guess it depends on how much you value food? if you want quality you have to pay for it. Portion size was good, i have been to YO! and you get a sliver of fish on a mound of rice. Sakushi you get a chunk of fish that will cover the rice (the Japanese way)

loved it! will be going back very soon

Nice sushi bar in the city centre. Tried it lunch time today. I liked the tempura ramen, sushi is delicately handmade and wasabi is sweet but not as strong as the Korean style wasabi.

I'm going again on Saturday, dragging along a bunch of friends who took a bit of convincing (philistines).

Awesome, 9.5/10 - Quite possibly one of the best meals I've had in about 5 years. I had a Tori-Katu (dumplings), Gyozu (chicken sushi) and Yaki-Soba Fried Noodles. Service is top notch, food is simply stunning.

Will be going again soon I think.

Only 3 dishes, you're not trying hard enough.

I'm not made of money ;)