Which is the best cordless lawn mower ..

I’m thinking of buying a cordless lawn mower. Can anyone recommend a good one ?

Always go for a brand name Trish, Bosch, spear and Jackson, Iv"e had a flymo for about 15yrs , its done more miles than my car.

Always go for a brand name Trish, Bosch, spear and Jackson, Iv"e had a flymo for about 15yrs , its done more miles than my car.

Is it cordless ? I’ve had a Flymo but had to plug it in.

No its not cordless, but I would imagine there cordless version performs just as well.

No its not cordless, but I would imagine there cordless version performs just as well.

Ok thanks.:thumbsup:

If you have a large garden, what about a robot? Our son moved into a house with a huge garden, the previous owners had the perimeter wiring installed, so he bought a robot. Controlled from a phone, it trundles about without any effort from its humans!

Patricia, we got a Qualcast cordless mower last year. Opted for the Qualcast based on price and reviews (and I think B&Q had an offer on).

It's absolutely flippin' brilliant. Obviously I can't compare against other brands, but I wouldn't want to go back to a corded version. I used to spend more time faffing about unwinding the extension cable and then coiling it back up again afterwards, than I did actually mowing the lawn. Now it's a breeze, switch on and off you go. No getting tangled up, no mucky cable. We have a smallish lawn, probably about 10m x 10m and we can get about 3 or 4 cuts out of it before having to recharge.

Whilst we're on it, the cordless vacuum is also a game changer. Not used our normal cleaner since we got the chargeable one.

A cow!

But seriously, sorry I'm not sure. Had very good results with Bosch hedge trimmers etc., but not an actual lawn mower. So I'd agree with the poster above who suggested a brand name. Will also come with a warranty. If buying a battery operated one (not petrol) then you might want to consider buying an extra battery. Nothing more annoying that starting the job and then having to wait while the battery charges before you can finish it. With two batteries you can use one while the other is charging!

A cow!

But seriously, sorry I'm not sure. Had very good results with Bosch hedge trimmers etc., but not an actual lawn mower. So I'd agree with the poster above who suggested a brand name. Will also come with a warranty. If buying a battery operated one (not petrol) then you might want to consider buying an extra battery. Nothing more annoying that starting the job and then having to wait while the battery charges before you can finish it. With two batteries you can use one while the other is charging!

Ours has a "fuel gauge" so you can easily see how much power you have left and whether or not it needs a charge befoe the next go.

Ours has a "fuel gauge" so you can easily see how much power you have left and whether or not it needs a charge befoe the next go.

Yeah they are good, but get more inaccurate as the battery ages. It can also use a lot of power depending on the density of vegetation etc. It won't hold the charge very well between usage so I really find it useful having an extra battery!

I've got the gtech strimmer and hedge cutter which are very good. I know a couple of older people with gtech vacuum cleaners and they sing their praises. So I'd probably try a GTech if i couldn't use a petrol mower in the future.