Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2018

We do have an egg!!!

We do have an egg!!!

I wonder how many she will lay.. I say 3.

The one egg in full view now. Hope it doesn't get cold. Are we going to make it four again?? No more housework for a while!

---------- Post added 25-03-2018 at 11:20 ----------

Two eggs now in full view.

Having breakfast at the moment

What is so good this year, and I don't think it was evident last year, are the little clips down the right hand side, below the two main live screens, showing "edited highlights". These are the events you are most likely to have missed, (e.g. an egg being laid, change over time and the latest meal arriving), because you are not able to watch 24/7. A big thank you to those who are making this possible. It enhances the experience completely.

4 apparently now. If history is something to go by we won't have 4 chicks though. 4 is a big brood to feed. In the past usually one egg has failed to hatch.

Since Victoria1867 left the link for the peregrine falcons from time to time I’m looking to see what she is doing in her nest, never thought I would get hooked watching a bird’s nest.

Living next to The River Tyne I normally spend time cursing the kittiwakes and seagulls when on numerous occasions my washing gets splattered with their droppings, but I have to say I’m keeping an eye on the peregrine’s webcam.

I’m sure she leaves her nest in the evenings to look for food.

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 09:19 ----------

She is still sat on her eggs in the snow. I’m wondering how long it will be before they hatch.

Looks like the snow has drifted around her as she is laid on the eggs.

Since Victoria1867 left the link for the peregrine falcons from time to time I’m looking to see what she is doing in her nest, never thought I would get hooked watching a bird’s nest.

Living next to The River Tyne I normally spend time cursing the kittiwakes and seagulls when on numerous occasions my washing gets splattered with their droppings, but I have to say I’m keeping an eye on the peregrine’s webcam.

I’m sure she leaves her nest in the evenings to look for food.

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 09:19 ----------

She is still sat on her eggs in the snow. I’m wondering how long it will be before they hatch.

Last year they hatched 26th, 27th, 28th April but were laid two or three days earlier than this year. The fourth egg failed. You'll be even more hooked when they start to hatch. Hard work then for the parents keeping them safe and fed.

Last year they hatched 26th, 27th, 28th April but were laid two or three days earlier than this year. The fourth egg failed. You'll be even more hooked when they start to hatch. Hard work then for the parents keeping them safe and fed.

Yes I think I will be hooked when they start to hatch. I wasn’t sure if the male helped with the feeding, so far I have only seen the female, but I will keep looking to see what happens in the nest.

---------- Post added 03-04-2018 at 06:08 ----------

She’s not in her nest at the moment, first time I have seen her 4 eggs. Now where has she gone?

---------- Post added 03-04-2018 at 06:13 ----------

She’s back in the nest, missed her going back in.