Sheffield parkway to NGH

Guest busdriver1
My sat nav preview is saying take the parkway and not the other way ? Which way is best?

Dont do the parkway, may be ok, may not. You will only find out when its too late.

I attend there frequently from Rotherham and never have any problem parking but there again I am not afraid to pay for parking.

The site at NGH is big so allow 15 minutes to get from the car park to your appointment.

I would say from The travel lodge you should leave about an hour before and you will get there in plenty time.

My sat nav preview is saying take the parkway and not the other way ? Which way is best?

The location of the reception for your clinic will be shown on your appointment letter. There are many different receptions!

This governs which of the many car parks you use which in turn governs the hospital entrance you use (Herries or Barnsley Road).

Satnavs might plot different routes to these different entrances at different times of day.

Locals and hospital users can and have provided a wide variety of routes and options for you. Most will say to avoid the Parkway into the City as it can have long tail-backs at that time-avoid. I would use the A6102 all the way. Just follow the big red H A & E signs from the roundabout.

The Sheffield Meadowhall Travelodge would provide much quicker access to the NGH and has a regular bus to the NGH.

Thankyou Annie it’s the princess royal spinal injuries department off Barnsley road

Again I would say - get a taxi or someone to drop you off. For a 10am appointment you are very unlikely to find somewhere to park nearby.

Again I would say - get a taxi or someone to drop you off. For a 10am appointment you are very unlikely to find somewhere to park nearby.

You're wasting your breath. He's too stubborn to listen.

You're wasting your breath. He's too stubborn to listen.
How dare you say that I’ve a blue badge and can be lucky and get in the blue badge carpark at the spinal injuries department due to having a spinal injury ie semi paraplegic

Edited by Jomie

How dare you say that I’ve a blue badge and can be lucky and get in the blue badge carpark at the spinal injuries department due to having a spinal injury ie semi paraplegic

And if you can’t? You would be late or worse miss your appointment which is a total waste of NHS resources

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Last 4 words snipped: personal jibe

I got to the Northern general at 9.15am this morning had choice of 3 blue badge spaces outside the Osborn building princess royal spinal injuries carpark has about 12 places for blue badge holders ! Thankyou for the directions as I passed over the parkway I saw how busy it was

I don't think you mentioned that you have a blue badge.

Many still struggle to park despite having one.

Hope your appointment went well.