Traffic at Bramall Lane

I had to drive to the John Street entrance at about 4pm. It was absolute mayhem. The roads around the stadium were closed, despite the fact that the match still had 45 mins to go. All the side streets were gridlocked and there were dozens of police just standing atound doing nothing. I was allowed through the cordon, but it still took a ridiculous amount but of time to get to the ground. Who knows how long it took others.

It wouldn’t have taken much intelligence to open the roads for a bit and do some traffic management. That might have alleviated the problem for a while.

Bramall Lane’s traffic chaos affects the entire city centre. I think we should move the Bramlll Lane somewhere quieter, like Darnall.

Please don't do that!

why didnt they stagger the days to sat and sunday making it a 2 day moving in and change the match day as well, as everyone knows the areas busy,and why cant the student arrangements be informed to SCC so this doesnt happen again.

Are the council not smart enough to see what date term starts?

And I expect that a lot of students didn't come back until Sunday, but many would. It's not a scheduled "moving in day", it's just the day that their accomodation becomes available (ie the weekend before term starts) and they start paying for it.

Having a shop near the Forge student complex we’ve seen the issues over the years with traffic but my husband said yesterday was the worst it’s ever been .

Maybe the new China town flats are adding to the congestion. because people are already movingin.

I was told a student girl was slashed by someone with a knife on eccy road on Satirday afternoon, so emergency vehicles etc, contributed to the chaos. However, I can find any report of this incident online. Did it happen?

I was told a student girl was slashed by someone with a knife on eccy road on Satirday afternoon, so emergency vehicles etc, contributed to the chaos. However, I can find any report of this incident online. Did it happen?

it’ll probably be in next months Star if it happened

I don't know who are the landlords of the student accomodation on Bramall Lane but each student was charged £15 each to go in their allotted flats on Saturday instead of waiting till Sunday to go in. I can understand these young people wanting to get settled a day earlier but to charge each one £15 is nothing but greed.

There was a report of a (nother) knife attack and a slash injury, can't find the article right now though to check the location.

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 07:41 ----------

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/woman-charged-after-slash-attack-on-sheffield-street-as-victim-remains-in-a-serious-condition-1-9362697

Southey Green

yeah, but that only affects Hillsborough once a fortnight :P

Bramall Lane’s traffic chaos affects the entire city centre. I think we should move the Bramlll Lane somewhere quieter, like Darnall.

Or Rotherham?!

The influx of students must be bigger than ever before, I have been going to the Lane 40 years, including student days and never seen traffic as gridlocked as that.

It`s great we attract so many students to the city, but next year Utd have got to request an away game on that day, as many teams do when there are events in their towns/citys.

Sometimes having our wonderful stadium, in the heart of this fantastic City can be a hindrance,a team playing right out on the edge of the City, on the Barnsley border, wouldn`t have experienced these problems.

The influx of students must be bigger than ever before, I have been going to the Lane 40 years, including student days and never seen traffic as gridlocked as that.

It`s great we attract so many students to the city, but next year Utd have got to request an away game on that day, as many teams do when there are events in their towns/citys.

Sometimes having our wonderful stadium, in the heart of this fantastic City can be a hindrance,a team playing right out on the edge of the City, on the Barnsley border, wouldn`t have experienced these problems.

Or the number of people wanting to watch them play either I suspect :D