The Cross Scythes, derbyshire lane

Says he who can't spell a five letter word :roll:

PS - Sheffield Geography isn't on the national curriculum :P

NO!

Stix suits you better - much better in fact!

STIX STIX STIX STIX!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We used to go quite a lot but then the food started to get a bit bland and microwaved tasting so we stopped going. Some fo the regulars/locals are complete tits too.

anyone been here recently?

whats it like?

whats it like?

If you drive past you will what kind of people are outside smoking on the tables, doesn't look like a very nice place.

whats it like?

I called for a drink the other day. Thornbridge Brother Rabbit 4% at £1.70 for a half and Britvic 55 at £2.00 bottle. I thought they were taking the Mickey. God knows what they charge for Jaipur or St Petersburg. I probably won't be going in again to find out.

In last week £3.75 for a pint of Guinness

I called for a drink the other day. Thornbridge Brother Rabbit 4% at £1.70 for a half and Britvic 55 at £2.00 bottle. I thought they were taking the Mickey. God knows what they charge for Jaipur or St Petersburg. I probably won't be going in again to find out.

It`s a nice pub now.

Think it`s £.20 for Jaipur but they usually have better beers than that. St P will be near to £4 on cask, I`d guess but then it`s 7%+ so I tend to think of it as two pints worth of booze (and well worth it). Kacho, Kipling, Pollards are all really tidy pints imo and all around £3. Personally, I wouldn`t drink Brother rabbit or Guinness there tbh.

The pub has some new managers now with their predecessors having moved to set up the Harrogate Tap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnsie

whats it like?

Brother Rabbit is 2.80 a pint so 1.40 a half, Jaipur is 3.30 and St Petersburg is £4 but that IS 7.4%!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Do they still have only Thornbridge and no guests?

No, they pretty much always have a couple of guests. At the moment it`s an excellent Arbor oatmeal stout.

Anyone been recently? Seemed to take a bit of a nose-dive after the managership change. Have they tidied up the rear of the pub?