My Neighbour Totoro film screening at the Abbeydale Picture House

2018 marks the 30th Anniversary of one of the most iconic animated films to be produced by the world renowned Studio Ghibli - My Neighbour Totoro.

To celebrate this, Reel Steel presents a special 35mm film screening of this much loved classic at Sheffield's historic Abbeydale Picture House.

My Neighbour Totoro follows the story of Mei and her sister Satsuki, who along with their Father move to a new home while their mother recovers from illness.

They soon discover they share this new home and the surrounding forest with a rather unusual creature - a forest spirit named Totoro.

A truly original feel-good tale of childhood, friendship and nature, My Neighbour Totoro is a dearly loved and critically acclaimed universal classic for all generations.

Hosted at the Abbeydale Picture House - a Grade II listed 1920's picture palace cinema, bringing the sense of occasion to match an anniversary of this iconic animated masterpiece.

Following our string of cult film screening events at the Abbeydale Picture House in 2017, we hope you'll join us for our first film event of 2018 for a rare 35mm film screening celebrating the 30th Anniversary of a cult animated classic.

PLEASE NOTE THIS FILM SCREENING WILL BE THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE LANGUAGE VERSION WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES.

This film has a U certificate - suitable for all ages.

Sunday February 25th

£8 - Adults

£6 - Children (under 16's)

Doors open - 2:30pm

Film starts - 3:30pm

Tickets Online: http://sivtickets.com/event/totoro

In person:

Sheffield City Hall Box Office

Monday to Thursday, 9am - 2pm

Friday and Saturday, 9am - 5pm

Telephone: 0114 22 33 777 (Monday – Saturday, 9am – 8pm)

My Neighbour Totoro trailer -

facebook event - https://www.facebook.com/events/330249120809646/

_