What music are you listening to?

Satie: Gymnopedies & Gnossiennes

I'm sorry I haven't a clue.

Originally posted by "robh"

Satie: Gymnopedies & Gnossiennes

That always makes my nippers cry so i,m banned from playing it while there around.

Just bought two new CDs

Michelle Shocked - Deep Natural / Dub Natural

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

Both of which I have to say are excellent.

The Michelle Shocked is quite a departure from Arkansas Traveller and Kind Hearted woman, not to mention the others, but is a very chilled piece of reggae/americana/country/rock. Really amazingly varied and complex sound.

The Flaming Lips one is very unique in its sound, and is definitely a grower.

I used to have Michelle Shocked camp fire tapes cd

Short Sharp Shocked is an old fave of mine, I didn't know she had new stuff, thanks.

I am playing the new Blur album a lot at the moment, it's wonderfully melancholy.

I could not say what music I have been listening to, but the idiot who lives in the house at the bottom of my garden can, it is the most annoying, stupid, mind blowing drivel, I have ever had the misfortune to hear.

And do not forget that I am a captive audience, being forced to listen to this claptrap when trying to enjoy some peace and tranquility sat in my own garden in the sunshine, this rubbish should be stopped and these nincompoops made to play this bilge in their own homes with the doors and windows shut.

Peacelover. Sheffield.

Just curios Hal, what if your neighbour played your favourite music, would you still feel the same.

Hi CLR. That is the trouble, he never does, I have no objection to him playing his music but why doesn't he keep it to himself instead of ramming it down my throat, and playing it at 5000 decibels with his window wide open.

These idiots seem to think it is alright to anoy others with their rubbish and when I went to his door and asked him politely to turn the volume down a bit, he said alright and when I got back to my garden, he turned IT UP instead, this is sheer bloody mindedness!!!

so whats your type of music hal?

im guessing: a bit of big band jazz and erm some 60's music? (beatles etc.)

Hi rpg, Middle of the road, 60s, 70s, big band, beatles, presley, very varied a bit of classical a bit of most types of music really.

i was close then :D

at the moment im into the pop side of rock (radiohead, white stripesm pulp etc.) and 70's and 80's (such as Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Dire Straights, and electronica like gary numan) as well as the bands in my sig ;)

so again, very varied

i cant stand "heavy/death metal" or dancey music tho