Cycle Lane past station

Once you accept that an increase in cycling is better for society as a whole why would anyone want to do anything which might deter people from cycling?

you have insurance .. how many don't ? and only 30p a week .. how tight is that

you no license plate .. so reduced, if any, accountability

no proof you are competent to be on the road... no a car license does not count just as it does not exempt motorcycle users from needing to pass their cbt

no proof your vehicle is fit to be on the road

Also if you have any lights a lot are illegal for motor vehicles on 3 counts ..excessively bright, mis-aligned, and flashing

some of you pedalists talk a good game and even if you stick to all you say, which i doubt, hardly any of you really do stick to it and what you say is still woefully inadequate for you to be collectively considered as serious road users and not just irresponsible big kids playing on the surfaces where there are motorists and/or pedestrians .

get some proper legislation like and similar in nature to that of other road users, staff and comply to it, stay off walkways foot paths, footways and pedestrian precincts and fall in with al mentioned above behave reasonably and most of us will accept you are as entitled as anyone else to take your chances on the ROADS along with other qualified road users.

maybe..

Why am I more likely to stick to what I say when driving than I am when cycling.

I'm about to go out and drive 15 miles, I'm likely (by my own admission) to break the law more in this single journey than I do in a week of cycling, and I'm most definitely more dangerous (even though I'm a safe driver).

stay off walkways foot paths, footways and pedestrian precincts and fall in with al mentioned above behave reasonably and most of us will accept you are as entitled as anyone else...

cars,

you're talking about cars, right?

you have insurance .. how many don't ? and only 30p a week .. how tight is that

you no license plate .. so reduced, if any, accountability

no proof you are competent to be on the road... no a car license does not count just as it does not exempt motorcycle users from needing to pass their cbt

no proof your vehicle is fit to be on the road

Also if you have any lights a lot are illegal for motor vehicles on 3 counts ..excessively bright, mis-aligned, and flashing

some of you pedalists talk a good game and even if you stick to all you say, which i doubt, hardly any of you really do stick to it and what you say is still woefully inadequate for you to be collectively considered as serious road users and not just irresponsible big kids playing on the surfaces where there are motorists and/or pedestrians .

get some proper legislation like and similar in nature to that of other road users, staff and comply to it, stay off walkways foot paths, footways and pedestrian precincts and fall in with al mentioned above behave reasonably and most of us will accept you are as entitled as anyone else to take your chances on the ROADS along with other qualified road users.

maybe..

I don't need you to accept me onto the roads. You're a nobody of no consequence to my life whatsoever.

is it parallel the A6023 ? (Manvers way)

it does look rubbish, for the reasons you explain, you'd have to give way to every side road, we don't ask car drives to do that, why are cyclists given lesser priority? you wouldn't use it if you were in a hurry.

I've walked the entire length. It's lit and as clear as the road is debris wise.

As for giving way at each cross point, each one of them has a wide view on approach for cyclists to slow and check if it's clear to proceed, if not give way, much like the roundabouts each one is next to, you know the bits where vehicles have to slow down and only go if it's clear to proceed, if not give way.....

For someone who doesn't cycle you seem to think that you're opinion on a cycle path is of relevance and validity. Perhaps if you actually go out and cycle on that cycle path, then you might have something useful to contribute...

For someone who doesn't cycle you seem to think that you're opinion on a cycle path is of relevance and validity. Perhaps if you actually go out and cycle on that cycle path, then you might have something useful to contribute...

Maybe you should pause a little and consider whether he actually has a point. Instead of simply continuing to post with blinkers on.

Maybe you should read his earlier rants and consider if he has a problem rather than a point.

Maybe you should read his earlier rants and consider if he has a problem rather than a point.

Looking objectively, I’d say that you’d both benefit from a spot of self analysis.

I haven't ridden on the cycle path in question, so I can only consider the opinions of people who've posted about it here.

Some cyclists have said that it's not good to use.

A none cyclist has said that it's perfectly good.

What conclusion should I come to?

But 1 of them was simply wrong, and two of them didn't relate to the point you thought you'd made about "paying for the road".

---------- Post added 15-08-2018 at 08:36 ----------

I had a car run into me, the damage was £80 to the bike, but it could have seriously injured or killed me.

Probably not insured, since as soon as I'd got off the floor and came around the side to speak to them they sped away.

Perhaps that's a more serious issue that should be properly addressed than the minor danger created by cyclists... Actually do something about uninsured and banned drivers, or people who simply have no license.

Bad that happened but they are probably insured - just didnt want to claim on insurance.

---------- Post added 16-08-2018 at 13:12 ----------

Motorists should be, but it doesn't mean they all are. It still needs the driver to give details as well.

I've got £10m third party liability insurance for when I'm cycling. Many other cyclists do too.

I'd like to see the numbers - and it's not compulsory, for example I've never held cycle insurance.

Bad that happened but they are probably insured - just didnt want to claim on insurance.

---------- Post added 16-08-2018 at 13:12 ----------

I'd like to see the numbers - and it's not compulsory, for example I've never held cycle insurance.

there are well over a million uninsured drivers on UK roads. My boss had one run into her car last year, car was written off. , I had one run into my bike while I waited at a junction. He stopped but gave me false address and details. 150 quids worth of damage. It's a big problem and has a knock on effect for us legally insured drivers