Reliable SSD / easy to swap?

Then how is my hiberfil.sys on my C? and that's my SSD...

Same as Windows Restore points, also on C (got them disabled for my D)

Not sure. Perhaps windows 10 if thats what you are running permits them. Windows 7 certainly doenst let you however.

Not sure. Perhaps windows 10 if thats what you are running permits them. Windows 7 certainly doenst let you however.

Ah... See, I assumed no one would be silly enough to still be using 7...

so yeah, that'll be it ;)

Ah... See, I assumed no one would be silly enough to still be using 7...

so yeah, that'll be it ;)

Well I assumed no one would be stupid enough to be using 10 but there you go....

Well I assumed no one would be stupid enough to be using 10 but there you go....

Not getting into the 10 vs 7 pros and cons etc, and I only said silly, not stupid... that's taking it a step far ;)

... you can end up writing a lot to the SSD when you hibernate or crash which can hammer them quite severly.

That's an old outdated idea that really no longer applies with most SSD's.

I personally would stay away from Samsung SSDs. Ever since the Evo 840 debacle, I have never trusted them since. My go to brand is Crucial since they are the consumer arm of Micron. I would consider Sandisk or Kingston, simply because of the excellent after sales service.

Must admit Sandisk do have a good after sales service. They sent me a refurbished replacement for one that died, and sent me a brand new replacement for another that died. :)

Now its always Samsung for me, although the Crucial ones are also very good and comparable. The Kingston ones tend to be a bit slow.

Ditto for Samsung, currently using an 850 Pro and have been since they came out.

Seagate now do a Barracuda SSD. You can image how that has gone down in the tech community!

I personally would stay away from Samsung SSDs. Ever since the Evo 840 debacle, I have never trusted them since. My go to brand is Crucial since they are the consumer arm of Micron. I would consider Sandisk or Kingston, simply because of the excellent after sales service.

I've upgraded dozens of HDDs with Samsung 850 and 860 EVO SSDs and never had a problem.

The 250GB 860 EVO is currently available for £60 from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078WQJXNF/

Even a tightwad like me can't complain at that price.

Just 14 posts in and its soldering irons at 20 paces, only on SF :rolleyes:

Just 14 posts in and its soldering irons at 20 paces, only on SF :rolleyes:

I notice the only input from you on the matter is to use a big wooden spoon.. :rolleyes: