The Birdwell magic roundabout. Now fully open

So, are you all suggesting that the 20million pounds it has cost, has been money not well spent? Just wait till they put the service station in!

So, are you all suggesting that the 20million pounds it has cost, has been money not well spent? Just wait till they put the service station in!

The way it used to be worked perfectly well. Just another example of mending something that isnt broke

The way it used to be worked perfectly well. Just another example of mending something that isnt broke

IT was great the old layout but have Barnsley council done it like this ready for any future expansion in the area ?

It doesn't seem that way in my experience. I'll happily be corrected on 1 big roundabout if someone provides an overhead picture. (and isn't on drugs)

So what happens when it's busy? :huh:

One reason you should never be a road planner, Anna.

;)

(a joke rather than a dig)

I haven't half got dejevu from the LMS- sheffield station layout thread the other day! :hihi:

Actually, an overhead picture would be very useful I'd like to see that too. I wonder when Google earth will update their data.

I agree it's not good when busy, but then this area always was a bit of a bottleneck and the lane layout was a nightmare. Time will tell whether it's an improvement or not. Considering what it's cost, it had better be, but then road planning doesn't seem to be the strong point of the council either.;)

The way it used to be worked perfectly well.

Not according to the people who used to complain to the Council about being stuck in the queues at busy times.

The new arrangement is there to open up employment land, which will bring in hundreds of jobs and the inevitable increased levels of traffic, so doing nothing wasn't an option.