Bus RTC Langsett Rd

Vehicles do look bad these days but the passenger part looks pretty intact so I wouldn't imagine any deaths. They are made to fold to lessen the impact :thumbsup:

I also heard he had been arrested, funny how bus company have not confirmed ow he managed to crash at that early time

Perhaps they're actually taking time to thoroughly investigate what happened before jumping to conclusions?

I don't think the bus was in service, about 5 pass me every morning at that time which really pees me off when my bus is still late.

The destination was clearly showing " Sorry not in service "

No no, it says "Central Reservation" from where I'm sat

Got chatting to a woman on the day at Shalesmoor tram stop who had to walk down to catch a tram, alleges that she spoke to the bus driver as she walked straight past it. He told her that he “only blinked” and that he said he “knew (he) should have eaten breakfast this morning.” Assuming she wasn’t just chatting a load of old BS, I’d hazard a guess at him falling asleep/passing out at the wheel.

The destination was clearly showing " Sorry not in service "

It will do as it was involved in a accident and that is standard practice to turn destination off if involved in a accident

Not really malicious gossip is it? It's just what I heard! Freedom.or speech and all that!

‘Just what I heard’ is the definition of gossip surely, and stating somebody has been arrested when they haven’t is clearly malicious.

---------- Post added 21-09-2017 at 14:35 ----------

It will do as it was involved in a accident and that is standard practice to turn destination off if involved in a accident

The bus was not in service at the time of the accident.

---------- Post added 21-09-2017 at 14:36 ----------

Got chatting to a woman on the day at Shalesmoor tram stop who had to walk down to catch a tram, alleges that she spoke to the bus driver as she walked straight past it. He told her that he “only blinked” and that he said he “knew (he) should have eaten breakfast this morning.” Assuming she wasn’t just chatting a load of old BS, I’d hazard a guess at him falling asleep/passing out at the wheel.

This is fairly close to the mark.

---------- Post added 21-09-2017 at 14:37 ----------

Walk past it earlier, they've quickly repaired most of it already, just working on a new set of lights at the moment.

Amey have done a decent job getting it back up and running so quickly!