Blonk Street Public Toilets - Construction Works?

Any information on the construction works going on with the old public toilets in the Lady’s Bridge area / around the outfall for Megatron (53.3853293,-1.4620859)

Some decent looking (twice original height) metal framework has been put in over the previous weeks.

Edited by mstarmatt

i've wondered this myself for the past few weeks but kept forgetting to check planning applications.

It's going to be a 2 storey cafe with an outdoor area, application 15/01175/FUL

i've wondered this myself for the past few weeks but kept forgetting to check planning applications.

It's going to be a 2 storey cafe with an outdoor area, application 15/01175/FUL

Bit of an odd place for a cafe, cant see it getting much passing trade!!

I suppose theres plenty of people going back and forth to the car park, quite busy when something on at Ponds forge but i cant say i'd like to sit outside a cafe between 2 busy roads with all the traffic noise etc. rather walk into town and go somewhere better

I suppose theres plenty of people going back and forth to the car park, quite busy when something on at Ponds forge but i cant say i'd like to sit outside a cafe between 2 busy roads with all the traffic noise etc. rather walk into town and go somewhere better

It’ll be part of the councils plans to integrate Victoria Quays with the city centre. I know the cafe on Victoria quays gets plenty of passing trade... but like you say it’s not between two roads.

Very Parisian :hihi:

The toilets (as I recall) are not on Lady's Bridge but at the junction of Blonk Street and Castlegate perhaps ?

The toilets (as I recall) are not on Lady's Bridge but at the junction of Blonk Street and Castlegate perhaps ?

Indeed. The OP is perhaps a little 'geographically challenged'.

There is a plan to pedestrianise Castle Gate and run buses down blonk street. Trying to create a cafe culture, Riverside area from Bridge Street grey to green scheme down to Victoria Quays I believe

There is a plan to pedestrianise Castle Gate and run buses down blonk street. Trying to create a cafe culture, Riverside area from Bridge Street grey to green scheme down to Victoria Quays I believe

I cant wait to be sat outside the cafe in the bogs choking on the fumes / smoke from passing buses

The Cafe is going to be named " Two Rivers" seeing as it's over the Sheaf and the Don.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/sheffield/home/planning-development/master-action-plans/castlegate-master-plan-and-vision.html