Firth Park 50s and 60s

Well done Alan , yes all names that come back .

Get together at Stubbins Community centre Fairthorn Rd 1.0pm every Tuesday. Alan Fergus and Michael Maw will be there tomorrow, come along for a chat and a cuppa.Stopping off at Paragon for chips first...of course.

Have a good time Alan wish I could join you .

Do you remember John Battersby? Lived on the Oval. I met his niece yesterday, she works at the new gym at Westfield. John had sisters Silva and I think June.

Will need help with remembering john did they live near the Jennel at top of Oval is he my and your Heathers age . Surname rings a bell.

Will need help with remembering john did they live near the Jennel at top of Oval is he my and your Heathers age . Surname rings a bell.

John lived at 39 the Oval.just be for the jennel opposite the Shirciffes I think he was a year older than me. I believe Silva was your age and June was Hilary's age.

Yes that's it thought they lived there . Just street viewed it went straight to it also think you are correct about ages . These names have gone from me don't know how you bring them back . How about Brian Clarke , Jennifer Corbett and brother Keith . Pam Humphreys ,

Regards Dave

Yes that's it thought they lived there . Just street viewed it went straight to it also think you are correct about ages . These names have gone from me don't know how you bring them back . How about Brian Clarke , Jennifer Corbett and brother Keith . Pam Humphreys ,

Regards Dave

I remember Keith and Jennifer Corbet also Linda Humphrey and Brian? I think they lived on West Quadrant/Downham Rd. By the way the Battersby lived at 37The Oval, Rosemary Hanna lived at 39.

---------- Post added 14-11-2017 at 16:27 ----------

Get together at Stubbins Community centre Fairthorn Rd 1.0pm every Tuesday. Alan Fergus and Michael Maw will be there., Come along for a chat and a cuppa.Stopping off at Paragon for chips first...of course.

Next Wednesday there will be a trip to Stockton on Tees for an early Christmas get together and quiz, leaving 9.0 0 am back by 4.0

I remember all the names, you were the big lads. Your sister Lynn was the year behind me, same year as my mate Michael Maw. Mike and I will be at the Stubbins Community centre Fairthorn Road 1.00pm next Tuesday if you would like to catch up. I had a schoolmate Brian Dickinson, must be John's brother. Next door was Brian Whitaker I think that was his name he was a year younger than you, he was in my sister Hilary's class.

Friday Mike and I played walking football at Concord, this is free to you if you make an appearance at the Stubbins centre, it was great fun but tiring...average age well over 65.

I found I was just as bad as I always was! I'm taking that as a plus!

Hi Alan, Brian Dickinson is Johns brother. Also knew Brian Whittaker very well but havn't seen him for years. He has an older sister called Anne who I see from time to time.

---------- Post added 14-11-2017 at 20:39 ----------

Regards Dave

Off we go again. I remember Pam Humphreys, she also had other siblings plus a cousin Called George who I know very well, There was another cousin called Colin who died a couple of years ago. They all lived around Firth Park. Keith Corbett lived around the corner from me until he sadly passed away last year. He had run his own coach company for years. His sister, Jennifer is married to my Mate Tony and they live 200 yards away from me. Keep em coming lads.

Hi Alan, Brian Dickinson is Johns brother. Also knew Brian Whittaker very well but havn't seen him for years. He has an older sister called Anne who I see from time to time.

---------- Post added 14-11-2017 at 20:39 ----------

Off we go again. I remember Pam Humphreys, she also had other siblings plus a cousin Called George who I know very well, There was another cousin called Colin who died a couple of years ago. They all lived around Firth Park. Keith Corbett lived around the corner from me until he sadly passed away last year. He had run his own coach company for years. His sister, Jennifer is married to my Mate Tony and they live 200 yards away from me. Keep em coming lads.

When you next see Anne ask her to let Brian know of our get together please. Michael and I used to go walking with Brian Whitaker on many occasions.we spent many hours sat at the top of the 64 steps talking about journeys on Stanage and frogget edge.Brian used to lead the trips via a steam train to Grindleford.

Sorry to hear about Keith pleased to know Jenifer is still with us remember me to her please . Its amazing how these names keep coming back . Heard a while ago that Pam Humphries had left us. Pam lived on Horninglow near the Jennel . Peter Niles used to live opposite side and other side of jennel. Stephen Nortcliffe and Mick Smith live at side of jennel as well . Alan and Rod do you both still live local.

---------- Post added 15-11-2017 at 12:41 ----------

Sorry Alan you said earlier you live at Westfield , having a senior moment

Rosemary Hanney married Derek Sleight, I think the Sleights lived on Tideswell road. Opposite side of the gennel, on The Oval, from Rosemary lived the Lennehans, and further down lived Gary and Ray Betts. Across the road from us lived Mr John (Johnny) Holland who was a Lord Mayor of Sheffield, he signed a reference for me and I got every job that I applied for. It’s always been, its who you know, not what you know. I remember we used to play on the bank near the steps and when Alan Fletcher had to go home his mother would shout him and I swear you could have heard her calling in Skegness, she was so loud. Aaaaaalaaaan. Fun days