No planning permission - consequences?

What for deliberatly not informing council you are doing building work i dont think so :hihi:

Yes, that's exactly what it's for.....and I know of a planning officer who has recently done that before selling their house......who needs an architect or to follow the rules.....no one seems bothered :-(

Also: one can purchase Indemnity Insurance (for a small one-off premium) to protect against the risk of future enforcement.

Could Indemnity Insurance help you if you bought this property from this man?

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/legal-updates/local-government-planning-enforcement/5054271.article

An example of the terms (and coverage) of a policy

http://www.gcs-title.co.uk/instant-issue/policies-glance/planning-permission/

It covers very specific things, changes, extensions. Not the entire building existing without PP and an enforcement order for it to be removed already existing.

Yes, I'm afraid so. :(

How is the work affecting your property poppet2. Has the work breached the party wall, or is there something else that is concerning you?

People on here using the word snitch is very childish and bullying behaviour.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

How is the work affecting your property poppet2. Has the work breached the party wall, or is there something else that is concerning you?

My team leader was called a jobsworth the other day, its just a word, some people like rules/laws to be followed, some think that they dont apply to them.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

My bold=

No it isn't childish or bullying seeing as I'm the one who used the word so keep your insults to yourself. :roll:

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

Snitch is a pejorative term aimed at stopping people from reporting crimes or criticising people who do report them. (Crimes or breaches of things like planning law).

Snitch is a pejorative term aimed at stopping people from reporting crimes or criticising people who do report them. (Crimes or breaches of things like planning law).

It wasn't meant in a pejorative way, I asked poppet why she wanted to know about this situation and wether it was because her property was damaged or if she wanted to * ( insert acceptable word ) * on her neighbour.

A build up of damp has now occurred on the party wall.

My bold=

No it isn't childish or bullying seeing as I'm the one who used the word so keep your insults to yourself. :roll:

Mafya, what would you do in my situation?

There is a lot of retrospective planning that people seem to rely on these days, but is that a guarantee people will get it? It seems an easy way out.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

let us know the outcome when you report this to the council

My bold=

Snitch is an insult to someone who blows the whistle on another person or group that they believe is doing something wrong. Generally something that can be or is harmful to themselves or others.

More than you has used the word. You need to work on smoothing that chip off your shoulder.

Without doubt if I believed the work is affecting my property I would get on to planning and building regs. He may not have needed planning permission as there was no extension involved but Building regs. should have been involved to make sure the work was carried out to acceptable specs and to make sure The sort of problem you are experiencing did not happen. For instance the inspector may have ensured a tray was inserted at an appropriate place in the damp proofing course.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

It wasn't meant in a pejorative way, I asked poppet why she wanted to know about this situation and wether it was because her property was damaged or if she wanted to * ( insert acceptable word ) * on her neighbour.

The way it's phrased (even now) is that if her property isn't damaged then she's being a bad person by reporting it.

But on the contrary, we have planning laws for good reason and they are only enforceable if the council are made aware of breaches of them.