Opinions please

Edit - is this a new building? If not, can the original building use / name be of any help with forming a new name? Is it in the city centre? Is it meant to be for people working or leisure stays too?

Thanks for your comments It's various city centre apartments, all of which have different names so it's an over-arching name for the business that's needed, and it's for leisure and business clients.

I agree with Loobs comments. I'm I like the good things in life, pretty much as your target market but I prefer the country rather than city life. I'm fifty years old and I cringed at the name you suggested ie homely...whatever, it sounds old fashioned to me. I would also think many of your target market will still be aspiring to the luxury lifestyle so not quite 'home' from home for them.

I agree

I think there is a market out there but agree with others that the word "homely" conjures up an image of a much older clientele. When you described the business I immediately thought of the Roomzzz brand which I think links much better to the market you describe.

Hope this helps

Edit - is this a new building? If not, can the original building use / name be of any help with forming a new name? Is it in the city centre? Is it meant to be for people working or leisure stays too?

Thanks for your comments It's various city centre apartments, all of which have different names so it's an over-arching name for the business that's needed, and it's for leisure and business clients.

Is there a theme to the names of the apartment blocks? Could they be linked in some way by this theme to give the business name?

If the business is already doing well I don't think you need to worry too much about being too clever with the name. Sometimes I find people can be too inventive and fail to get across over what the business is about without having a tag line after the business name.

Edit - I have been thinking.......

I'm not saying this is a good idea but a point for discussion. I have a property abroad which is on a serviced complex. We can opt in or out of cleaning / maid service but the complex ranges from bed sit studios to more spacious apartments so its sounds a similar concept to the one you are discussing. Most are privately owned, some are still owned by the property company themselves. Some are for private use, some are for short or long term rental, single nights, holidays to a full season. The term they use for these is often apart hotels. I don't know how the UK market would react to the term apart hotel.

The website looks nice so I go back to saying its more about getting your point across. Its about letting people know that they can stay and use as a hotel or longer term stays.

Edited by Chez2

Is there a theme to the names of the apartment blocks? Could they be linked in some way by this theme to give the business name?

If the business is already doing well I don't think you need to worry too much about being too clever with the name. Sometimes I find people can be too inventive and fail to get across over what the business is about without having a tag line after the business name.

Edit - I have been thinking.......

I'm not saying this is a good idea but a point for discussion. I have a property abroad which is on a serviced complex. We can opt in or out of cleaning / maid service but the complex ranges from bed sit studios to more spacious apartments so its sounds a similar concept to the one you are discussing. Most are privately owned, some are still owned by the property company themselves. Some are for private use, some are for short or long term rental, single nights, holidays to a full season. The term they use for these is often apart hotels. I don't know how the UK market would react to the term apart hotel.

The website looks nice so I go back to saying its more about getting your point across. Its about letting people know that they can stay and use as a hotel or longer term stays.

Thanks for this. The business is in its infancy and the website is a work in progress. I agree that you can get too smart/obsessed about names however when possible I think it's wise to give yourself a fighting chance with the name, and I really don't think Homely Apartments reflects the offer at all, and could be quite off-putting for the target group.

I agree NewBiz. I must say homely apartments does sound like a retirement village so I was pleasantly surprised to see the photos on the website.

The price is very reasonable too. Is there a shop or café nearby where they can buy something for breakfast? Where is the nearest parking? All things I would consider if staying over for business. Perhaps make this more prominent on the website.

It may be worth speaking to Sheffield Chamber of commerce. See if they can do an email advert out to their members.

We have a business twitter account. I will re tweet an advert for you if you want to advertise for the client. Our business twitter account is @ctsenv

Hi Chez2

That's really useful and a very kind offer. There's so much work to do before they're ready to go out all guns blazing but I'm sure they'll take you up on the offer when they're ready.

Thanks again

Homely sounds like open or wood-stove fires rather than all electric: Carpets and rugs rather than concrete and laminate flooring. There is a big difference in the sound connotations and associations of home and homely. What we take from the word depends on our past experience of course but homely does not bring to mind the sort of surroundings shown on the website that I saw. Something much more on target is needed.

are you sure there is a market?

we've loads of hotels and there already seems to be an outfit doing this, they have an outpost in hillsborough and in town near the police hq on snig hill

we've loads of hotels and there already seems to be an outfit doing this, they have an outpost in hillsborough and in town near the police hq on snig hill

It's down to the client to do their market research to establish whether there is a market, I'm only interested in feedback on the proposed name at the moment.

Margarita Ma thanks for the comments, I think they echo what others have said

I thought this was flexible though, one night to longer term rental. Are there other places doing this?

I suspect you knew the answer to the question before posting it?

If you are aiming at upwardly mobile young professionals then "homely" is not the right phrase and you surely must know that?

These people are setting out on the first rungs of the ladder in life. They want to get away from "home" as they know it. They want independence and aspiration. Freedom. Self-realisation.

Sounds to me like you are looking for reasons to challenge your bosses on a badly chosen name.

You know the answer. Go change it. It makes no sense at all.

---------- Post added 16-03-2017 at 22:34 ----------

you've missed the point.

This isn't the same client as the "hotel" market. This is about young professional people who want to show off what they have achieved in life so far.

"hotel" doesn't come into it.