Career criminal given 22 years sentence for theft of TV remote.

Should our judges give longer sentences to career criminals?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should our judges give longer sentences to career criminals?

• Yes
    • No

A man was jailed for 22 years for his crime and told he must serve a minimum of 11 years. He has a long criminal history including alleged thefts from other apartments. Should our judges be more like this and give career criminals harder sentences?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-jailed-22-years-after-9593649

Yep there are people out there with records longer than your arm, they're constantly out committing another crime while out on bail or probation, I'm sure that guy was just the same.

At some point someone has got to say enough is enough.

It's a loaded question if I ever saw one. I'm guessing that more people will vote 'yes'.

How much will it cost to keep this guy in prison for the minimum of 11 years?

In cases like this prison does not work and it isn't value for money.....

How much will it cost to keep this guy in prison for the minimum of 11 years?

In cases like this prison does not work and it isn't value for money.....

It will stop him stealing stuff. Your stuff potentially, and if it's a burglary or theft from a car he'll not to be caught quickly - if at all.

If someone has a negative impact on society then they can become positive by compulsory donating their body parts

If someone has a negative impact on society then they can become positive by compulsory donating their body parts
......like chopping off their hands as some foreign countries do?

Would certainly save us all some money!

......like chopping off their hands as some foreign countries do?

Would certainly save us all some money!

You have to leave them a couple of fingers just so they can tie their shoelaces.

A man was jailed for 22 years for his crime and told he must serve a minimum of 11 years. He has a long criminal history including alleged thefts from other apartments. Should our judges be more like this and give career criminals harder sentences?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-jailed-22-years-after-9593649

You fail to mention it is in The USA.

The cost of keeping him imprisoned would be £40,000 per year, so somewhere in the region of £440,000 to the taxpayer. Maybe there are better and more productive ways to rehabillitate him and abopid spending as much money?

The cost of keeping him imprisoned would be £40,000 per year, so somewhere in the region of £440,000 to the taxpayer. Maybe there are better and more productive ways to rehabillitate him and abopid spending as much money?

Some people can`t be rehabilitated. It`s a lot of money, but if it reduces the chances of people being burgled, a very upsetting experience, then it`s worth it. I think those in jail should have to work for their keep anyway, that`d help reduce the cost.

I thought the clue that it was not in this country is where I put Should our judges be more like this.

Excellent idea, there's thousands of potential deserving recipients for spare part surgery.