Freemasons..harmless eccentrics or tools of the Devil?

And you would be wrong yet again Anna...

Being correct matters. When you lie like you do and then fail to retract it means you have zero credibility. As long as you carry on simply making stuff up out of whatever you feel is bad I'll be here to correct those mistakes.

The WI are as secret as the Masons. Should be ban them?

What about Rotary International? (I do belong to that one as it happens.)

Things that you posted that are a load of cobblers...

1. Names of the lodge

2. Difference between a lodge and a hall - thats the difference between a school teachers class and the school building. BASIC error....

3. Implying that Duckenfield was master of all the masons in the Hall when at best he was (and no evidence that Ive seen) a master mason in a lodge

4. implying a master mason controls a lodge - most craft masons are master masons. You probably got confused with Grand Master of the lodge...

5. implying that all the police that are masons are colluding

6. implying a meeting of senior officers after one of the worst disasters in sheffield is somehow dodgy

I could go on but....

This is the crux of the matter isn't it, and the bit that counts. But I am implying nothing. I am simply quoting the facts as reported, and agreeing with Michael Mansfield QC's implication that the Masons in the police may have connived to subvert justice in the Hillsborough disaster.

The fact that it took 30 years of digging and ferreting to get at the truth from an organisation (the police) that is supposed to deal in honesty above all, suggests that something, somewhere was wrong and actively being hidden.

The fact that the Freemasons should have been implicated at all, suggests that the police authorities were right in assessing that senior policemen should not belong to such organisations as it leaves them open to this sort of accusation.

This is the crux of the matter isn't it, and the bit that counts. But I am implying nothing. I am simply quoting the facts as reported, and agreeing with Michael Mansfield QC's implication that the Masons in the police may have connived to subvert justice in the Hillsborough disaster.

The fact that it took 30 years of digging and ferreting to get at the truth from an organisation (the police) that is supposed to deal in honesty above all, suggests that something, somewhere was wrong and actively being hidden.

The fact that the Freemasons should have been implicated at all, suggests that the police authorities were right in assessing that senior policemen should not belong to such organisations as it leaves them open to this sort of accusation.

Why assume that it was because they all had ties with the Masons - which they didn't?

Why not just assume they all decided to cover it up because they were scared of being found out?

Occams razor etc.

Why assume that it was because they all had ties with the Masons - which they didn't?

Why not just assume they all decided to cover it up because they were scared of being found out?

Occams razor etc.

That's quite possible, but the idea that Masons do favours for each other is part of the policy isn't it? So you can't be offended if that is also put forward as a possibility, and a good reason why senior police, judges, etc should not be Freemasons.

Mod Note

Can we keep the discussion civil and not descend into name calling please

Occams razor etc.

Owls are part of Masonic symbolism. Just sayin like. :cool:

That's quite possible, but the idea that Masons do favours for each other is part of the policy isn't it? So you can't be offended if that is also put forward as a possibility, and a good reason why senior police, judges, etc should not be Freemasons.

I'm not suggesting masons cover up but don't you think they'd cover up if they weren't masons? Is everyone who covers up for a friend a mason?

The suspicion of other officers being masons is nothing more than a bit of mud slinging and possible deflection and skin saving. The accusations were made some years ago, your links are from 2014. So, what happened - were they proven true?

You might find out as Duckenfield’s trial has started. His Masonic links were investigated as part of the process of bringing him to trial. So, it might form part of the evidence against him.

Interestingly, Duckefield has refused to rule out the possibility that his membership of the masons could have helped him to be promoted beyond his capabilities. When questioned about it, he simply said “I hope not”. To me, that is of far more concern than the source of the cover up.

If people are going to collude for their own nefarious ends then they are going to do whether they are in the Freemasons or not.

This. Absolutely.

We know there was a cover up. It doesn’t matter whether the people involved were masons, members of the local golf club, the WI, or the Boilermakers union.

Let’s just hope that all the conspirators are held to account.

In all the Lodges I have attended, I have never seen an image of an owl.

This thread has become quite ridiculous.

In all the Lodges I have attended, I have never seen an image of an owl.

This thread has become quite ridiculous.

There is a lot of bull crap talked about Freemasonry, from both conspiracy theorists saying everything about it is dodgy, and those who are members that paint nothing but a rosy picture.

Dear God, how pathetically pedantic can you get? If I cannot get the exact terminology right it's because I am not a Mason, I therefore bow to your greater knowledge on the minutiae of Freemasonry, I take it you are..

None of this detracts from the facts that David Duckenfield by his own admission was a Mason, and this was thought by QC Michael Mansfield (and the Hillsborough victims families,) to have a bearing on the case.

" Duckenfield became a Mason in 1975, had been part of the organisation for 14 years at the time of the Hillsborough disaster, becoming a Worshipful Master of his local Lodge a year later.'

'At the time it was not seen as acceptable to be a senior policeman and a Freemason.' ... Can you tell me why not?

'Hillsborough Commander (Duckenfield) was in same Lodge as the officer he replaced (Brian Mole)

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-03-12/duckenfield-i-was-freemason/

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-commander-david-duckenfield-same-8124374

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/17/hillsborough-disaster-police-masonic-conspiracy

Now what exactly was wrong enough to garner your description of 'a load of cobblers?'

To get back to the original point of the Thread (remember that?) IMO Freemasonry and other influential secret societies are open to claims of corruption in high places, and therefore have no place in government organisations.

The thing is, you need to make a case that any of this matters at all. You've not done that. nobody cares

The thing is, you need to make a case that any of this matters at all. You've not done that. nobody cares

JFK wasn't a fan.

interesting look around an abandoned freemasons mansion