'Boro vs Blades 12/08/17

Hope this aint true violence at the game tonight kids hurt and others..

Discraceful if true !!!

Edited by Mooks

Hope this aint true violence at the game tonight kids hurt and others..

Discraceful if true !!!

I've seen some footage that looks very ugly Mooks.

That's true but in the opinion of the linesman it was offside. He won't be thinking that tonight of course but the ref might also have a different opinion of his free kick decision after seeing it again.

He might want to look at a number of decisions he gave or didn't give which went against us,but we didn't concede a goal as a result that needed another wrong decision to rule out.

Just heard on the radio a description of the violence sounds nasty kids and old people hurt because some "fans" got mardy having a goal disallowed boo hoo grow up,they should be banned,United fought hard to go up and this is how people will think of them in just the second game in the championship.

The 'offside' goal should have stood.

However, I think that Boro deserved the win.

United started off very brightly, but they soon stamped their authority on the game.

Another difficult match on Tuesday now to concentrate on.

Just heard on the radio a description of the violence sounds nasty kids and old people hurt because some "fans" got mardy having a goal disallowed boo hoo grow up,they should be banned,United fought hard to go up and this is how people will think of them in just the second game in the championship.

Its time for proper Unitedites to point this scum out and eradicate them from the game, spitting at kids, that is the lowest of the low!

To be honest,I think that my stated aim of finishing 4th bottom this season is looking more realistic.Unless Boro are far and away the best team in the league,which I don't believe they are,we looked like a team who would be battling to stay up would play against a team looking to go up, on their patch.

We will definitely have to win the games that we think we have a chance of winning,and then pick up a few points we weren't expecting as well.Maybe we can adapt to this type of opposition as we get into the season,have to hope that Wilder can learn quickly,and if it means changing playing style in some games,so be it.

We had nobody holding the ball up front for us because we could hardly get it there,if it means going longer and by passing midfield,so be it.They knew we like to get it out wide and progress down there,we had some success but we were closed down very quickly most of the time.They did the dirty work,the ugly work and were more than prepared to do it,defending high up the pitch,giving us little time on the ball,and forcing mistakes that they turned into their advantage.

To be honest,I think that my stated aim of finishing 4th bottom this season is looking more realistic.Unless Boro are far and away the best team in the league,which I don't believe they are,we looked like a team who would be battling to stay up would play against a team looking to go up, on their patch.

We will definitely have to win the games that we think we have a chance of winning,and then pick up a few points we weren't expecting as well.Maybe we can adapt to this type of opposition as we get into the season,have to hope that Wilder can learn quickly,and if it means changing playing style in some games,so be it.

We had nobody holding the ball up front for us because we could hardly get it there,if it means going longer and by passing midfield,so be it.They knew we like to get it out wide and progress down there,we had some success but we were closed down very quickly most of the time.They did the dirty work,the ugly work and were more than prepared to do it,defending high up the pitch,giving us little time on the ball,and forcing mistakes that they turned into their advantage.

tbf to boro its early days yet and i dont think theyre getting into their stride, they will get a lot better.

The stonecold fact is,ur kid should have gone for diving,the boro lad never touched him:hihi:

In the modern game if every time a defender made contact with an opposition player who then took the opportunity to go down earning a free kick someone was sent off you'd be watching a five a side game before half time.

Boro players were doing exactly the same.

I don't like it but if everyone's doing it then everyone will do it.

Fact is the referee decide it was a free kick.

---------- Post added 13-08-2017 at 10:38 ----------

That's true but in the opinion of the linesman it was offside. He won't be thinking that tonight of course but the ref might also have a different opinion of his free kick decision after seeing it again.

How many times have you seen a corner awarded when it should have been a goal kick and a goal scored from that corner?

Whilst there will be a moan about the incorrect decision the corner was there to be defended. No one complains about the goal if it was legit.

Same difference.

As I said in my original post, these things happen, nobody died.

The thing that puzzles me is why Sky tried to change their original commentators view ( after several replays) that it was a legit goal by showing two split screen frozen pictures which purported to show the exact same incident at the same time from slightly different angles.

In fact all it proved was that it wasn't offside, and the two images were from different moments as players were in different positions in the second image.

Why do it? What was the point?

Bad decisions happen, nothing can be done about it so why did Sky make themselves look daft by bothering to concoct some obvious blatant nonsense?

A tell thee lad, it weren't like this back in the sixties! :(

United were pretty much outplayed yesterday but 'Boro away is one of the seasons toughest games, no need to panic yet.