Moving house abbeydale road south

Hi everyone

I am thinking of purchasing a house on abbeydale road south just below fore road.I would be really grateful for any comments regarding what it is like to live in this area,I have heard that it may be prone to flooding ?!also any info on any anti social behsvior.it looks a really nice leafy area to move too but any comments would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

If you're talking about the train track side by the Summerhouse, then the Summerhouse flooded not too long back after a huge downpour. Also consider the impact of any changes that have been proposed to the track, increase in trains etc. I'm not too sure what the latest is, but there was a proposal to sort out the line so more trains can pass than currently do. Also note that it is one of the main routes into derbyshire. If it is near the Summerhouse, are you aware of the minature railway which attracts a lot of parked cars once a month.

Yes sorry I meant dore road.i didn't know about any proposed train activity,I will look into that .thank you

It's a really nice area - great for shops and eating out. Flooding that I know of tends to be flash flooding and short lived, although there have been a couple of big floods in the last decade so if you're low down close to the river prepare for the worst. Never seen any anti-social behaviour.

Hmm...busy arterial route to the front, Midland mainland to the back, potential flood risk and without a car isolated from shops/bars/restaurants. Depends what you're looking for I suppose.

Hmm...busy arterial route to the front, Midland mainland to the back, potential flood risk and without a car isolated from shops/bars/restaurants. Depends what you're looking for I suppose.

You're a doom merchant! There are shops, pubs and places to eat within walking distance, a train station that takes you straight into the city centre in under ten minutes and a regular bus route on the doorstep.

You're a doom merchant! There are shops, pubs and places to eat within walking distance, a train station that takes you straight into the city centre in under ten minutes and a regular bus route on the doorstep.

What I'm saying is that there's a very busy train line running directly behind the houses on Abbeydale Road South and a very busy road running directly to the front. Either of those issues might be bearable but I wouldn't live in a house that had to contend with both.

Yep you have a point there.

What I'm saying is that there's a very busy train line running directly behind the houses on Abbeydale Road South and a very busy road running directly to the front. Either of those issues might be bearable but I wouldn't live in a house that had to contend with both.

I wouldn't want to live there either for exactly those reasons, plus if there's any history of flooding be prepared for an insurance nightmare and possible problems with selling on in the future.

Thanks all for your advice....Comments have been really helpful