Understanding the universe.

Real knowledge about the universe is acquired by observation and reason, not by revelation.

Oblix,

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”
LOL.

I'm definitely leaving it at that -for fear of Mort stepping in .

Oblix,

LOL.

I'm definitely leaving it at that -for fear of Mort stepping in .

If you are going to engage in scientific discourse, words have certain meanings and these are used in precise manners.

Of course if you really just want to talk aboout nursery rhymes and childrens books and not actually particiapte then feel free - I'll just add you to my ignore list.

Off topic posts and associated bickering removed.

Why was it necessary to remove posts? Could you not have left them and warned to get back on topic instead?

MAC33 was exposed for sending a link to a petition. A petition that had been dead since early July. He'd have known that if he was a true Flat Earther.

But once again the great axe of the mod has given a troll free reign to come back and make pretend he's a Flat Earther afresh because you have removed those posts that expose him.

Great work!!!

Why was it necessary to remove posts? Could you not have left them and warned to get back on topic instead?

MAC33 was exposed for sending a link to a petition. A petition that had been dead since early July. He'd have known that if he was a true Flat Earther.

But once again the great axe of the mod has given a troll free reign to come back and make pretend he's a Flat Earther afresh because you have removed those posts that expose him.

Great work!!!

That's how it is, it's a private forum and I can't remember it ever being advertised as being "fair". We all have to take our knocks from time to time if we want to post on here.

Sure you're all happy I'm not posting anymore on the elephant in the room.

Remember that flat horizon.

When there is censorship there is no liberty.

Do you want me to start a thread about the flat earth for you?

I thought not - you wouldn't be able to complain about 'censorship' then.

Negates all arguments!

Now, what is the question?

Negates all arguments!

Crosser beat you to it back in March (page 2 of this thread).

Negates all arguments!

If you have 43 left in a game of 501, what's the highest you can score to bust?

Unbeliever,

I take seriously the points about your opposition to "faith ". There are thinkers who clearly seek to bat the epistemology ball of science beyond the boundary of empiricism .

Are such efforts doomed to failure -offering nothing to our current understanding of the universe or nature ?

“ KULLIYYAH OF SCIENCE

Home > Revelation and Science

Revelation and Science

AIMS AND SCOPE OF THE JOURNAL

Revelation and Science is a refereed academic journal published by the Kulliyyah of Science, International Islamic University Malaysia. The journal aims to comprehensively integrate dimensions of knowledge conventionally regarded as separate and strengthen the efficiency of human intellectual progress. In line with the objectives of the Kulliyyah and the University, the journal is dedicated to the integration of science and religion, and the promotion of universal values. While acknowledging the substantial progress that has been made in the scientific fields, the journal is committed to the idea that the search for solutions to human predicaments can be enhanced by reference to an epistemological framework that is not restricted to reason and observation alone, but acknowledges the role of Revelation (wahy). The Revelation and Science journal covers theoretical and applied sciences as well as studies related to the integration of scientific knowledge and revelation. The journal is a compilation of academic and research articles, review articles, conference reports and abstracts that address contemporary issues within its scope “.

Dreams.

“ The new understanding of benzene, and hence of all aromatic compounds, proved to be so important for both pure and applied chemistry after 1865 that in 1890 the German Chemical Society organized an elaborate appreciation in Kekulé's honor, celebrating the twenty-fifth anniversary of his first benzene paper. Here Kekulé spoke of the creation of the theory. He said that he had discovered the ring shape of the benzene molecule after having a reverie or day-dream of a snake seizing its own tail (this is an ancient symbol known as the ouroboros).[10] This vision, he said, came to him after years of studying the nature of carbon-carbon bonds “.

Source. Wiki August .Kekule, ,

http://www.famousscientists.org/7-great-examples-of-scientific-discoveries-made-in-dreams/

Edited by petemcewan